your top 3 games under 100 megabytes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EventHorizon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    What are your top 3 games that are under 100 megabytes?
    -don't post a game that is over 100 once installed
    -only list 3, as if you could only have those 3 forever.
    -please don't list games that are super obvious, such as angry birds, but they don't need to be hidden games.
    -please list the reason
    -it would be awesome if you could list usage
    -i've created this thread with the hopes that i, and others, who have low space on their iDevice can still find great games without having to delete the other stuff.

Pocket Tanks-This game is loads of fun, especially great for bus rides with a friend. 55.5 megabytes

IncobotoMini-An amazing puzzle/platformer with an amazing story+surreal atmosphere= mega win. 45.8 megabytes

AaaAaaAaAA!- This game is a really good way to get an adrenaline rush, very addicting, highly recommended. 82.6 megabytes

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Here're my 3, in no particular order:

Dream of Pixels: (47 mb) It's an amazing puzzle game that makes Tetris feel fresh again, which is no small feat. The graphics are great, the music is perfect for settling into a groove, and the added wrinkle of being able to collapse stray blocks back into the main block-mass adds a nice new dimension to the gameplay. Awesome game.

The Blocks Cometh: (27.7 mb) Classic endless platformer. Awesome graphics, music and gameplay. Tough as a coffin nail with a steep learning curve, but every time you beat your high score it feels legitimately earned and amazing. Fantastic stuff. All it's missing is iPhone 5 support; the dead zones on a wide screen are no good at all.

Minigore 2: Zombies (94.6 mb) Excellent twin-stick shooter. Really polished and visceral, with the later levels demanding a high level of skill. Weapon upgrades keep the compulsive personality gamers happy, and the game-feel overall is just incredibly solid.

3. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

My top 3, in no particular order:

- Tilt to Live (19.6MB)
    - Swordigo (78mb)
    - World of Goo HD (88.9mb)

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Easy...

Blood Roofs - 85mb
    Pitfall! - 88mb
    Into the Dead - 65mb

5. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Thanks for the reminder about Blood Roofs, EP! I still need to check that one out.

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    My top 3:

Hundreds - 26.7mb
    Angry Birds Star Wars - 34.6mb
    Tilt to Live - 19.6mb

7. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I'm not too good at picking out favorites, but I'll list my three smallest games that I have on my phone right now.

Astral - 5.2 MB
    Eve of Impact - 12.8 MB
    Canabalt - 19.8 MB

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #8 Primoz, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    I will definitely not limit myself to just 3 games (not that I can't, but I don't want to).

- CoD WaW Zombies: I don't have to say anything about it, there are not enough words in the world to describe how awesome this game is
    - Online Sniper League: original, strategy, insane fun game that also requires shooting skill. Definitely the best game for 1v1
    - Plague Inc.: I don't like strategy games that much, but this one is a must-have
    - Don't look back: I lost count at how many times I beat this game already
    - Jet car stunts: great graphics, great controls, pumps your adrenaline, tons of levels
    - Realistic summer sports simulator: fun, fun, Fun! (also great for playing with friends)
    - Enviro-Bear: bear in a car... Yup
    - Eden world builder: great Minecraft building mode alternative. No not great, even better. It has many physics building blocks (such as: ice, rubber etc. With which you can make insane slides and trampolines). You can also upload maps online or download maps from other users
    - Ninjump: classic, but still a great time waster
    - Pocket legends: 3D MMORPG that got screwed up by the developers, still worth checking out though. They have a great community
    - Bike baron: best game in it's genre, also has a level editor
    - Minesweeper 2 classic: all know what this game is about...
    - The Sanbox: not a game, really (it has levels though). It's a sandbox game, where you build, destroy or do pretty much anything you want. The realistic interactions between elements make this game awesome. It also has an online gallery
    - Tilt to live: classic
    - iJumpman: I think this game didn't get the attention it deserved. It's has original and fun gameplay + a level editor
    - Ravensword: great little 3D RPG game with which you can have loads of fun
    - Cat physics: cats and physics

Some "obvious ones":
    - temple run
    - flow

9. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    RPG Quest: Minimæ - 2.6MB