Pacman Vs Pacman Lite

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PFL, May 25, 2010.

1. PFL

PFL Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I finally downloaded Pacman Lite to celebrate the wee guy's birthday. I felt it played nice enough but I really liked the acheivements. I was inspired enough by that addition that I went and bought the full game. However, the full version doesn't have the feckin' acheivements! And even more annoyingly the game doesn't show up as an icon - I have to go and search for it and choose it from the results list! I have switched off the phone in the vain hope that, that had caused an issue but to no avail. What's going on here? And where have the acheivements gone?!

2. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    do you have 11 pages or more?

3. PFL

PFL Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I did have but Ive since deleted some apps and rebooted the phone but no change...

Any idea why the lite version has acheivements but not the full version?

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Try syncing to your computer to get the icon back; I don't think a simple reboot is sufficient. Not sure why it doesn't have achievements though.

5. PFL

PFL Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that later when I can get to my PC. Yeah, I just presumed it would have the acheivements system since the lite version does. The full version doesn't even seem to have the networking stuff from the lite version... *confused*

6. PFL

PFL Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Well, I synced my phone and I now have the icon. Thanks very much for the advice. Still don't get the lack of acheivements though. Does Pacman Remix have them?

7. Soul of Wit

Soul of Wit Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Motown
    Pacman Lite does NOT have achievements--I'm looking at it right now. My best guess is that you have the lite version of another Pacman version (there are several in the app store.)

8. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    just a suggestion for future reference. you can always go into setting-->general-->reset-->reset homescreen layout. this will fill in the gaps in the homescreen without having to reboot or sync or anything

9. PFL

PFL Member

Jan 4, 2010

Yes it does:

[​IMG]

And here is the in-game achievement screen:

[​IMG]

It just adds to the mystery... :)

Thanks for the tip. :)

10. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Just checked, and that's correct. That's darn odd. If you look at the icons in the app store, the lite has the little achievement symbol, but the full version doesn't.

Maybe it's something they were planning to add to the full version and just forgot about/never got around to.

11. ASB

ASB Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    The full version has an update that adds achievements, it's out right now.

12. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Darn u beat me!

13. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    That's just bizarre, as the light version with the achievements seems to have come out quite a while ago. Were they listening to us? :p

14. PFL

PFL Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Well, the mystery is now solved. Namco have just released an update for Pacman which includes Unite and acheivements... :)