What happened to freeappdaily?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by GeekyDad, May 12, 2012.

1. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Anyone know what happened to freeappdaily? Used to offer a free popular app for downloading and trying other free apps. Then they updated it, and now it just shows a list of the same stuff you can already find on AppShopper.

2. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    They had to redo their app to fit Apple regs, which means they had to pull the offer redemptions out of the app.

You can still use the app to vote and view deals, but actually getting their deals has to be done through the web app ... which, I believe, requires Facebook.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I see. Thanks for the reply.

4. lisij9

lisij9 Member

Jul 2, 2012
    guys, how do you get those games you voted for free? im new to appdaily, and what about sponsors, havnt been receiving those in a while now, is the project dead?

5. After the vote, some of these games are put on the redeem section. You have to earn the points by downloading sponsor apps.

It's slow, but it's still working. It seems to register points pretty good, so that is good.

6. lisij

lisij Member

May 13, 2012
    Oh i thought they will be free after the vote, i think its not worth it, takes too long to get points, as sponsors not showing up

7. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Yeah at first I thought they update "get apps" frequently but they don't, the only thing updated weekly is the "use apps" ( kinda worthless if you don't have enough points). Overall I think the site can help save a few bucks, you just have to be careful.