Weather HD Contest - Four $25 iTunes Cards Up for Grabs – Deadline Tuesday 11:59 PST

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by vimov, Dec 6, 2010.

1. vimov

vimov Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    #1 vimov, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    We have four $25 iTunes Cards up for grabs, and will give them to four lucky winners.

DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 7, 2010 - 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Time)

Weather HD is the most beautiful way to check for weather information on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. With it you see the current and forecast weather in stunning high definition videos, and is recommended by The New York Times, The Huffington Post, PC Magazine, Macworld, and many others.

Available on the App Store here. Watch the trailer on Youtube:

• PRIZE 1 - $25 iTunes Coupon
      To win PRIZE 1, retweet this on Twitter and follow us on Twitter @vimov. Post here the link to your tweet.
    • PRIZE 2 - $25 iTunes Coupon
      To win PRIZE 2, write a tweet on Twitter that includes the words “Weather HD” and the link http://bit.ly/cykhEZ, and follow us on Twitter @vimov. Post here the link to your tweet.
    • PRIZE 3 - $25 iTunes Coupon
      To win PRIZE 3, suggest what's the most important and interesting feature you'd like to see next added to Weather HD. Post here your idea.
    • PRIZE 4 - $25 iTunes Coupon
      To win PRIZE 4, Leave a review for Weather HD on the App Store, and reply here with your App Store Nickname.
    Winners will be picked in random. You can qualify for any of the above four, or for all of them, but you must apply in a separate reply for each. Winners will be selected and announced here on December 8th.

Rules:

• Contest is open anywhere in the world, BUT iTunes Cards are US-only, and will require a US iTunes Account.
    • You may enter for one or more of the above prizes, but you may win up to only one.

Attached Files:

2. aidan_ree

aidan_ree Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Rt'd @aidan_ree

3. Powerpuff_kate

Powerpuff_kate Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    #3 Powerpuff_kate, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    PRIZE 1 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    Followed and tweeted @Powerpuff_kate

PRIZE 2 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    Retweeted @Powerpuff_kate: http://twitter.com/#!/Powerpuff_Kate/status/11770990677729280

PRIZE 3 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    I would love to see the weather in longer terms added in next update(like weather of whole month.)

4. danielang

danielang Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
  5. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

All done ... :)
    Twitter: @John_Hasio,
    iTunes nickname: JohnHasio

In the next release i would like to see retina support!!!

6. SP1950

SP1950 New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Prize 3:
    Push Notification!
    Nice to have your iPhone/iPad telling you that it is about to rain!

7. Starscream1017

Starscream1017 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
  8. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
  9. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    PRIZE 1 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    Retweeted and followed @joeylfy (LINK)

PRIZE 2 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    Followed and tweeted @joeylfy (LINK)

PRIZE 3 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    My opinion, maybe enhancements on its interface? The one thing i love about this app is the HD graphics that comes together with the weather report. But the interface doesn't looks as good, maybe improve on that. The other feature that i want is to have push notification to tells you the weather for the next week (which prompts you to open the app). Not sure how is that going to work though. :D

PRIZE 4 - $25 iTunes Coupon
    I've left you a review on US iTunes Store. My username is "Joey Liew"

10. AirGear

AirGear Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Here goes:

1) Already followed sometime ago. RT'd the given message @AirGearX

2) Posted a message about Weather HD here.

3) IMO, here are some minor suggestions to make the app even better:

Some people complained about weather accuracy of the app, but I understand the app has nothing to do with it. The app itself just tap information from a weather website. In this case it is Weather Underground (wunderground.com). Maybe you could give users a few different sources to choose from as an option under settings.

Other thing you can add would be the Sunrise/Sunset information which most other weather apps have. One other thing may be more units for Wind Speed. Currently, the Wind Speed is either in km/h or mph. This is good enough for most people, but some may want m/s or knots (This is just a nitpick, not really important).

One last thing, the app prevents Auto-Lock at default. If you accidentally leave the app open, your iPad or iPhone will not sleep. It's good if you're putting it on display, but otherwise you're wasting battery. An Auto-Lock on/off option would be nice.

4) Already written a review on the US App Store sometime ago. But I updated my review for the current version. My ID is AirGear+.

Thank you.

11. Vagrant

Vagrant Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Weather HD contest

Prize 1: Tweeted @vagrant88 http://twitter.com/#!/vimov/status/11767651911073793

Prize 2: Tweeted >>>http://twitter.com/#!/Vagrant88/status/11827380108660736

Prize 3:My suggestion- including the measurement of atmospheric pressure, or air pressure so we can forecast the coming weather.
    For instance, low-pressure weather systems tend to come with cloudy skies and precipitation (rain, snow, etc), while high pressure weather systems usually come with very few clouds or precipitation. When the pressure is dropping, it's time to be on the lookout for increasing clouds and possible bad weather. Well, It may be too much to ask for but with this add on, this app will make ur iphone an extremely convenient and useful device.

12. xerox

xerox Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    New York
  13. raptor200

raptor200 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
  14. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
  15. goiMot