Block Legend - Retro Puzzle JRPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lethardicus, Oct 19, 2013.

1. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a huge fan of puzzle games and old school JRPGs I thought I'd make my own! We also recently just submitted to IGF for the first time and figured we would formally announce as well. The games system uses a tap all matching blocks to clear them type of system.

Features
    - Tons of crazy characters to unlock and choose from.
    - Equipment and items to collect/use.
    - Tons of monsters to fight.
    - Over 10 different environments to travel through.
    - Sub dungeons.
    - Boss fights.
    - Quests to complete.
    - No IAP (you guys know what I mean)
    - BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE (that we'll announce at some point)

Meanwhile check out our website/twitter/facebook.
    http://www.block-legend.com/
    https://twitter.com/blocklegend
    https://www.facebook.com/BlockLegend

Were trying to release most likely December of this year or least by February of next year.

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Look great, any plan for release date?

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Look forward to it. :)

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Bring it to Wish list.

5. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Most likely end of this year in December if everything goes as smoothly! I've never released an app by myself before, and Holiday season seems like it's pretty busy for submissions so we'll see. Going to be releasing details over twitter about development and characters and such as we go along.

Thanks everyone for checking out our game =).

6. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Wish list? Here on Touch Arcade? I'd love to, except I'm not necessarily sure how to do that...:^|. Will check that out right now. Thanks!

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Looks really great! Were there attack animations when your character attacks? It was hard for me to notice. I hope you can buff it up so it'll look awesome everytime you battle (or something like that).

And how does the matching mechanic work? Do you tap blocks to match? I personally like the matching games where you drag your finger on all the blocks that match in order to "match" them. So part of the game is noticing where all the blocks are in trying to input them as fast you can. I think that style would fit this type of game perfectly.

8. lethardicus

lethardicus Member

Jan 21, 2013
    There are attack animations! Every character has them. This game is of course still a work in progress were currently working on the attack effects. However, I'm also trying as much as possible not to disrupt the flow of battle when someones clearing blocks with too many messages.

The matching mechanics are just tap blocks to match. The gaps fill in by moving down and filling from the top. Pretty good flow. There's two modes, walking and battle mode. The battle works via turns so, in battle you might want to be more tactical with your moves. Of course clearing a larger amount of blocks will yield a larger effect exponentially. So tapping willy nilly might not always be your best strategy.