Gravity Lab! by Mobile Snap

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MobileSnap, May 16, 2014.

1. MobileSnap

MobileSnap Member

Jun 17, 2011
    New York City
    #1 MobileSnap, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    *Update* Out now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gravity-lab!/id427760902?mt=8

We originally posted here in July 2011, when we first launched "Gravity Lab!" and we wanted to thank everyone here at Touch Arcade for the continued support.

And now we are happy to announce we will be releasing our major (and first) Update for Gravity Lab! We added many more levels, Challenge Levels, a Bonus Mini game, character customization, and more!

Even though it was already released nearly 3 years ago, we have prepared a major update, so it is more like a re-launch (V2). And Gravity Lab! will now be a free title. We already passed Apple, and will be launching by the end of this month.

We look forward to your comments! (we will see about giving away some promo codes before release!)

Here is the launch Trailer:

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Release date: May 2014
    Price: Free

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gravity-lab!/id427760902?mt=8

Description

Navigate gravity shifts, bounce pads, portals, cannons, and more in this easy to play but difficult to master puzzle game.

When the scientist’s away, you and his robot Steve can play! Help launch Steve through more than 200 levels of physics-based puzzles to collect stars and unlock new challenges. Gravity Lab contains hours of new levels and mechanics and a store featuring fun, customizable looks for Steve and extra lives for the all new ‘Robot Blast’ bonus game.

Key Features:
    - 200+ levels including extra new challenges
    - Bonus mini-game
    - Realistic physics
    - Store for Customizing Steve the Robot
    - GameCenter support with Leaderboards and Achievements
    - Optimized for latest devices

What's New:

- Lab 4: introducing cannons, rockets, and breakable pipes

- 90 Challenge levels: two new types of stars add all new challenges to revamped old levels

- 5 New levels in first 3 labs

-New Bonus lab - featuring “Robot Blast” mini-game with new game mechanics such as magnets and cube dispensers. Includes it's own leaderboards.

- Store: earn coins while playing to buy costume pieces to change your look and increase lives for “Robot Blast”

- Screen Capture: Pause the game at any time to capture in motion screenshots. Zoom and pan the camera to get awesome angles. Share your greatness via Twitter or Facebook.

2. 3eb1016

3eb1016 New Member

May 19, 2014
    Great game!

This game was awesome when I played it a few years back and I'm happy to see it's back with new stuff. The puzzles and levels are really fun and the graphics are pretty amazing!

Cool concept!

When will this be released?

Looking forward to playing it!

:)

3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Hmmm ok looks good but I have some questions..

Will wifi be a required thing?
    Free game for a day or forever?
    If it's a freemium are IAPs needed to get further in game ?
    Ios version 6 and up or other?
    Device requirements?

What was your best moment when designing and making this game?
    What inspired you to go free instead of paid?

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Sounds cool, but I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this sounds a bit worrying

'Store: earn coins while playing to buy costume pieces to change your look and increase lives for “Robot Blast” '

Why go F2P? Poor sales?
    What kind of IAP will there be?

5. MobileSnap

MobileSnap Member

Jun 17, 2011
    New York City
    Thank you for your support, and for your questions!

Gravity Lab is completely free with no major pay walls at all. Here are answers to some of your questions:

-We are 95% sure we will release this on May 28th, but we will keep you updated here if anything changes!
    -Wifi is not 100% required to play, but after a certain time (after playing 10 levels) we do ask you to connect if you are not as we do display minimal interstitial ads (it helps us keep it free). Any purchase will remove the ads and any need to be on Wifi. We are going to change it so you can get through Lab 1 without any interruptions about being on Wifi.
    -Our plans are to keep it Free forever
    -IAP's are not required to get further in the game. Everything is unlockable from playing the game normally. You can play all 200+ levels absolutely free. And there are also no restrictions on how long you can play. If you want to get ahead to later levels, you can pay, but it is not necessary.
    -iOS 6.0+ required.
    -As for switching from a F2P game, having a paid game is a barrier to players. So we wanted to get as many people playing and enjoying this game. F2P is new to us, and we listen to players. So if something just isn't right, we will change it.
    -Types of IAP are mainly to buy coins to customize your character, or to get more coins to continue in the bonus runs.
    -Robot Blast is a brand new bonus game, and if you want to get a higher score, or try to beat it, you can customize your character, but it is not necessary at all, and should not be worrying. The mini game is something new for us, and we hope everyone will enjoy it when they aren't playing the regular levels
    -As for our best moment in designing the game, we tested a lot of new elements for the new Lab (Lab 4). And once we tested the cannons, we knew it was fun, but then when we threw the rockets in the mix it opened up a lot of new possibilities. And these elements are what inspired us for the bonus game.

We will also be giving away some promo codes so some of you get the chance to play just before it releases!

6. jamescam

jamescam Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Didnt play the 1st one (didnt have an iOS device in 2011) but will definately try this one out!

7. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    Ok thanks for answering my questions glad to here about the wifi and if the game is awesome I'm all in for a ad removal purchase to support the developers omg 200 levels nice !

8. MobileSnap

MobileSnap Member

Jun 17, 2011
    New York City
    Thank you for all of your support. There is a good chance we will be launching this major Update tomorrow, and we now have some promo codes!

To the first 5 people that PM us, we will give them a free code, and you'll be able to play right away!

Thanks again for your support, and we hope to bring you more updates to Gravity Lab!

9. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks for this opportunity !

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    OK some quick first impressions
    The game is awesome! the sounds, the character, and the challenges I've encountered so far are top notch. I only just scratched the surface but after 8 levels I'm already impressed.OK I got to go to sleep but thumbs up so far

11. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    My review playing a hour of a
    early access to Gravity Lab

My first impressions upon entering the app was that it was very cheerful and smooth and clean design,
    The first few levels were quite easy, but just as you thought that, the real fun begins ^-^
    The point of the game is to collect 3 stars, by taking the main character and aiming towards many types of blocks,
    They all move different and have different weight it seems, the main character can never touch the stars only the blocks ..
    The game explains the block movement in game, though I hope to find that tutorial in a menu area later on, just in case you forget what does what..
    The game is fun and challenging, colorful and cheery and the graphics are very well done smooth and bright..
    The game plays out very well with physics, and is fun to see where everything ends up, hoping that last block you rammed into will float to the star..
    There's IAP too and whatever you buy removes the ads but if you are short on cash you can watch videos for coins,
    The coins go for the store in which you can buy all kinds of decor stuff mustaches to rocket, As you get further in levels get harder trickier add new things new blocks, from heavy to light to bounce pads..
    Ads will pop up towards the higher levels they start coming in, this game is very well done and does not push much, so buying a ad package depending on the cost of IAP, (I'm using a early access code so I can't see prices)
    Should not harm or dent the bank and plus it helps the developer if they want to ad more..
    This is a must grab game it's fun and addicting like angry birds you will be going back to try to get all three stars and earning coins to custom your character, it's a high quality game and a must get when it arrives in the AppStore..

12. MobileSnap

MobileSnap Member

Jun 17, 2011
    New York City
    #12 MobileSnap, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    All promo codes sent! Thanks to those who wrote to us with your first impressions, very much appreciated! We are happy to hear all are enjoying it.

We will update this thread the moment the game is released! We also have a few more promo codes available right now. If anyone is interested, please PM us!

Thank you again for the support.

13. MobileSnap

MobileSnap Member

Jun 17, 2011
    New York City