Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    I
    Sacrificed all three girls and nothing happened, so I guess there is no extra scene.

Also, here are some tips for the vortex.

Take nine boosts, of course. There's not really any walls to hit in the vortex, so you can easily save yourself from bad jumps nine times.

In the vortex, for some reason, you don't really have to land on top of things to reset your jump meter. Usually hitting them on the side will do. So realize the rules are different and don't give up just because you didn't perfectly land a jump.

Also, you usually pass a bit into anything you hit on the side and that helps.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^yup... just touch anything in the vortex and it resets the jump counter, be it with your head, legs, sides, etc.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Over 3 months later and I got a new ipad mini and had to launch this game again. I did get tired of the game after i unlocked eveything in the game...

But now... Love rekindled! I cant believe im starting all over again with the same excitement and awe as i had when the game was released!

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Dude, how did you unlock everything? I earn coins like a snail gathers speed...

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It does start out really slow until you can get the first level of wings for 900 coins. I was getting about 70-100 coins but there were a couple lucky runs where i got wings from killing the floating orbs and i managed to get almost 400 coins on each of those 2 lucky runs. This is all just from playing about 20 mins and Im really close to getting level 2 wings. So it's a good speed.

Lv2 wings is what im aiming before going for getting an extra life, then unlocking the mermaid. Once you have the mermaid, money is just too easy as she kills everything in range with her attacks, and chase the gold coins that the monsters unlock while ignoring the small coins. :)

Thing is, during the first release, there was an issue with jailbroken devices that resets your upgrades, and I had to start the game from scratch 4 times unlocking at least Lv2 Wings and the mermaid before each reset... so i got some good idea and practice as to how im gonna approach things, and it works for me. :)

6. ninjackid

May 27, 2010

Hmmm, see, I'm currently trying to unlock that Mermaid, since I already have Level 2 wings. But damn, she's like 15,000 coins, no? :eek:

Thanks for the tips, though! :D

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    With 2 wings i can average about 1k coins per run. It's a grind to do 15 runs, but it didnt take long to unlock the mermaid as i recall because i unlocked here like 5 times in a little over a week. And, i dont play too much each day because of having 2 jobs.

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    1k coins per run?! Damn! Most I can get it like 500, I think. But I have two warp portals, too, do those help get coins?

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    To be honest, i didnt like warp portals much.

They let you skip an entire segment and moves you right before the next boss, which makes it more a "skip coins" than anything. For me, it's real purpose is to ease the progression of story mode where you need to
    take the clock to the temple, in which case you dont have a weapon to attack monsters and bosses with.

As for helping getting coins, I cant really say. Sure you miss out on stage coins and those dropped by monsters in there, but it forwards you to bosses which give guaranteed coins when killed. Also, gold coins seem to be more commonly dropped later on in the game, so yeah... It could help with the coinage I guess.

On the other hand, when you have the mermaid, she "forces" out more gold coins from killed enemies even from the first segment before the first boss, so using the warps will make you skip all that gold coins, when everything is still very easy.

And as for my new game progress, i now have the mermaid unlocked and working to max out wing upgrades then i plan to unlock the Clock.

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Hmm, very good points. When do you actually 'beat' the story mode? It's possible to complete it right?

In other news, I just got a new high score of 2,090,721! :D

I forgot how much fun this game is!

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The story is
    still open ended... but there is much to be revealed after you take the clock to the temple, then take maidens into the temple with the clock in it... Then each of the choices given gives 3 open ended story paths.

Congrats on the high score! And yeah, i also forgot about how fun this game is after i first completed everything, but now im back and rockin Blood Roofs again!

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I actually just beat the story mode for the first time! :D

And got a new high score of 4,465,523!!!! :D :D

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice!

I was looking at my achievements earlier and im still missing a hidden achievement. Not sure if anyone has actually completed all 22 of 22. Maybe the last one may be a bug. :p

14. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I missed this when it came out, so it is a brand new game to me. Very unique take on the endless runner theme, quite a ballsy style of game design and they pull it off nicely. It is one of those games that ends up being more than the sum of its parts. The view/perspective is pretty radical.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For me, i still consider Blood Roofs to be the best behind-the-back Runner game to date. With how it has a proper story line, with replay story game+ type progression, with great art style, with fairly unique "i-drive-you-shoot" runner concept, with monsters and bosses seemingly pulled out of well-known classic storybooks... No other runner comes close.

Also, this is one of the very few titles i know of have a story PROGRESSION incorporated into an endless gameplay.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    So, I "beat" the story mode twice now, and it says survival mode is unlocked, but there seems to be no way to access it except by playing through the story mode to get to it... Am I missing something?

17. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Haven't played this for a long time but I think you have to walk through the right door at the beginning. Correct me if I'm wrong

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You're right.

@ ninjackid: Once you've unlocked story mode, the right door at the beginning of a new game will be open. Going through that will let you play endless mode.

19. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
  20. Can you please look at the ipad 3 ios 7 version of this game? Ot is displaying non ipad retina. It must be caused by ios 7, can you please fix this?

Thanks.