Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man11 View Post
They said this game would have no IAP. Fans asked for updates to improve the experience. Then the only update they make for the game contains IAP and no improvements. Disappointing.
Typical MLB. They get behind something and then go after people's money without much regard for their actual desire to enjoy things. Now back to watching replays of last night's game on my $30/month subscription to MLB where I can't watch my local team's games until the next day. If only there was a remove blackout IAP... :-/

They should stop promoting this game on TV, radio, and every order I place for gear. And they should put that time and money into fixing all bugs, and adding a friggin save anytime option.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM

Default Tips

After playing this game for a few months, I think I've finally mastered the pitching and hitting mechanics. It's all in the virtual joystick.

Pitching:
Select your pitch from among down for fastball, middle for let's call it a curve, and up for a change up. Once the pitch is selected and the pitcher begins winding up, moving the joystick to the location that you would like the pitch to initiate from. Then after the ball leaves the pitcher's hand, swipe the joystick in the direction that you want it to move. Lateral movement is clearly observable. Vertical movement is harder to perceive but I do believe it occurs, since I seem to get more grounders on downward swiping for downward movement. The degree of pitch movement varies by pitch, from fastball having least movement to change up having most movement. The degree of ability to create movement also varies between pitchers, with Clayton Kershaw and Adam Wainwright having some of the best movement I've seen in the game.

Hitting.
Again the joystick is important. The AI pitcher will move location laterally on the mound. When he does this, move your batter laterally too. Imagine the pitcher throwing a down the middle fastball from their location, and position yourself so that you would hit such a pitch with the sweet spot of your bat. Once you are in such a position, you have better odds for these next joystick moves. Before I mention those, though, it is also worth mentioning that you should lay off of balls. If the pitcher is way off to the side of the mound, be prepared to not swing. Let him throw a ball, and wait for a better pitch you can hit well. Ok, as for the role of the joystick in hitting, not using the joystick at all when swinging tends to cause soft liners in the infield and shallow outfield, with the rare home run. Moving your batter up high in the batter's box before the pitch and holding the joystick up while you hit seems to cause very hard ground balls that shoot through the infield. Moving your batter all the way back in the batter's box and holding the joystick down while hitting causes you to get under the ball and significantly increases your odds of hitting pop flies and home runs.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:18 PM

And here is some proof of my methods. I was the AL All stars and mercy-ruled shut out the Baltimore Orioles after 7 innings, allowing only two hits, and scoring 16 runs on 21 hits with 10 home runs. I have previously pitched a no-hitter with a combination of pitchers because they wear out after a few innings.