Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I'm not sure how it in any way constitutes people getting ripped off.
Its a bug, a glitch. Nothing more. Nothing less.
It's a bug that doesn't affect everybody.
How are people spending in game currency on a series in which the basis of their complaint is they can't access it?

And as its in game currency, where's the actual rip off anyway?
In game currency specifically is not real currency.
Can't the currency be earned again?

And if you specifically think that the late fee of 2000 in game currency constitutes a rip off, I don't even know what to say. Run a race, even a single race and you'll have it back with the greatest of ease.
And if you mean on car upgrades, well, that's just part of the process of the game anyway and has no relevance to this particular bug as upgrades are something that would have to be done anyway.

Its bad enough suggesting ending them altogether but suggesting its a rip off is just beyond reasonable.
Nobody is putting their hands in your pocket and stealing actual hard earned real money. Its a game for gods sake. A free game at that. A free game in which in game currency is a doddle to earn just by playing it also.

In fact, running a race again isn't even necessary if you're talking about the late fee of 2000 because that only applies to that grouping of races for that day and paying that 2000 and then running the races will in actuality net you substantially more than that 2000 anyway. It'll actually be a net gain so I don't know how that constitutes a rip off when you'll come out of it with more than you started with.

There is a huge difference between easily earned in game currency and the iap system that you mention. You can get your in game currency back by running a race.

If the iap system was broken, Gameloft would have no way of getting that money back, get no return on the substantially (and I mean SUBSTANTIALLY) larger investment they've put in to developing, marketing and supporting the game, along with the ongoing support and continued development of it. It doesn't even bear comparison.
They can't just run a race and get it back and we are talking about very large sums of money spent on their part whereas what you are talking about is a pittance amount of in game currency.

You also miss one very important point. If they cancelled all the platinum series, how exactly would they trace what is causing the issue anyway?
Cancel them all and start over again won't leave any traces to determine why the issue is happening in the first place because it is obviously a scale or server issue that requires both large numbers and active servers to actually test and determine in the first place because it wasn't an issue until it hit a larger audience with the full international launch.
For someone who is not having the problem you sure seem to understand what's going on and have a lot to say about it with no idea what's happening. The biggest problem is spending time and in game currency to have the series just dissapear and end when you have earned all but 3 of the needed stars. I could care less if you agree it not, but that is ripped off. If it happened to you you would probably agree. And in some situations ppl drop real money into the game for upgrades and boosts to help along the way. The biggest complaint I have seen is that ppl do not keep those hard earned stars. As far as stopping the series and the devs not being able to trace what's happening, I am not going to pretend to have a clue just for the sake of disagreeing. It's just an opinion for gods sake, much more common than a free game.

Last edited by Redman5006; 02-26-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 09:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman5006 View Post
I could care less if you agree it not, but that is ripped off. If it happened to you you would probably agree.
No, actually, I wouldn't.

I have an issue or two with certain aspects of the game that would allow me to earn a lot of premium currency so that's why I have an understanding of the frustration caused by some of the issues.

There's still no way I'd decide to pack up credibility and throw it out a window by classifying it as being ripped off by a bug/glitch that is in the process of being fixed.

Nor would I choose to stop an event and exclude everybody who is not having issues just because I am. That would just be, well, just a bit like saying if I can't have it, nobody can. Particularly as running them will ultimately lead to a solution being found quicker.

I would instead just communicate those issues directly to the developer and patiently give them the time to fix them properly.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Do not drink and drive.

I was playing this game rather drunk and in the morning I had 1000 premium credits gone from my game

Then I found a new 1000 point mechanic squatting like a poisonous toad on the upgrade page; with no recollection of buying it.

Don't drink and drive, folks.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:00 PM

With the release of iOS 7.1, the game is finally playable on my iPad mini 1st gen. No stuttering, and was able to complete an entire race, without a crash. However, still no access to platinum events or challenges. Sure would be nice to hear about/ see an update...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharmz75 View Post
With the release of iOS 7.1, the game is finally playable on my iPad mini 1st gen. No stuttering, and was able to complete an entire race, without a crash. However, still no access to platinum events or challenges. Sure would be nice to hear about/ see an update...
I'm asking to see what I can share about the release. It involves a lot of change for the game so that's why this is taking as long as it has. I'm really sorry for the delay but I do think this update will greatly improve the playing experience in GTR2.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameloft_Ryan View Post
I'm asking to see what I can share about the release. It involves a lot of change for the game so that's why this is taking as long as it has. I'm really sorry for the delay but I do think this update will greatly improve the playing experience in GTR2.
They're not going to pull a Real Racer3 1.2 update are they? I really like this game.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larni View Post
They're not going to pull a Real Racer3 1.2 update are they? I really like this game.
What happened with Real Racing 3 1.2 update? I've honestly never played the game and that update came before I was with Gameloft too >.<
Old 03-12-2014, 03:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
What happened with Real Racing 3 1.2 update? I've honestly never played the game and that update came before I was with Gameloft too >.<
They drastically increased the price of cars and upgrades, reduced the cash rewards, added PR restrictions (meaning forced upgrades needed to advance) and vastly devalued the premium currency.

In that long hot summer I lost my 'mash update' innocence
Old 03-12-2014, 04:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks Ryan as always for keeping in touch. The fixes are what most ppl want. Any way to release an update with fixes and worry about the rest later? Surley they know what's wrong and fixed it by now, why make us wait any longer?
Thanks again

Last edited by Redman5006; 03-12-2014 at 05:02 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman5006 View Post
Thanks Ryan as always for keeping in touch. The fixes are what most ppl want. Any way to release an update with fixes and worry about the rest later? Surley they know what's wrong and fixed it by now, why make us wait any longer?
Thanks again
Good point. I asked originally about a hot-fix but was told that since the re-works and fixes pair up so much with the new content and overall feel of the game, the Dev team is looking to roll out both sets together in this one big update.

I definitely know it's been a long time coming for GTR2, but trust me when I say I believe it's worth the wait. The Dev team has been putting a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this update.

Last edited by Gameloft_Ryan; 03-13-2014 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: commas, who needs em?