★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What ever happened to Mad Catz CTRL i?

10-23-2014, 08:01 AM
I got my Micro C.T.R.L. yesterday. I love it. Build quality is good, it's lightweight, and it holds my 6 with case at a good angle.

It opens up a whole new world of iOS gaming for me since I'm not a fan of touchscreen controls in action games. OK, I did enjoy Wayward Souls with touchscreen play but it's SO MUCH better with the controller.

I did have one hiccup, which was that I exited out of the game and let my phone go to sleep with the controller on. It then turned itself on, but when I went to play again a minute later something was messed up and it wasn't recognized by the game or the Mad Catz app, but general settings said it was connected. I just popped one of the controller's batteries out and put it back in and turned it on again and all was well. UPDATE: Based on http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...04136&page=168 it looks like this is a general problem with bluetooth pairing with iOS.

I'm super excited now. If you enjoy any type of fast paced game you need to buy a controller and support developers who support them so we get more awesome games!

You can order from Mad Catz directly, or also from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/C-T-R-L-i-Mobi.../dp/B00NSGA1K2

Last edited by Supagoat; 10-23-2014 at 08:09 AM.
11-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Has anyone tried an iPhone 6 Plus with Apple's silicone case? Is super tight (leaves marks on the case)? Impossible?

The case seems to be JUST over the 3.17" width limit; however the way the C.T.R.L.i's grips taper makes me think a thin enough device might be able to be a little larger than 3.17" and still fit.

I really like the idea of a 5.5" screen attached to a nice console controller!

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Grids are better: DotSpace (Forum thread)