Let's Create Pottery HD - 48 Hours Sale! [universal app]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by ArturID, Aug 8, 2011.

1. ArturID

ArturID Well-Known Member

#1 ArturID, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

One of the most innovative app on iOS devices gets major update which offers high-resolution, eye-catching gorgeous 3D graphics, intuitive and fun control system and tons of relaxing moments. The game is available as a Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices and supports retina display and iPad 2 optimization.

Version 1.30 brings on board Game Center Achievements, improved modeling and different background themes as additional content to purchase inside the app. Pottery fans should also value new localizations in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinise, Japanese and Polish.

Let's Create! Pottery HD is on sale for 48 Hours. We decided to cut the price by 80%. Now you will get this amazing app for $0.99 only! This offer ends on Tuesday 9th August, so don’t miss the opportunity to buy the full version at lower price!

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yay! Been waiting fore this update :D

3. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    #3 DelBoy2181, Aug 8, 2011
    That's great news but I've also noticed that some owners of the previous (and now defunct) iPhone version aren't too happy that they have to buy this version in order to continue to receive updates.

You could have at least done a sale on the brush packs to make up for it (unless previously purchased brush packs can be carried over to the new app?)

4. ArturID

#4 ArturID, Aug 8, 2011

Usually when developer update the application price goes up. We decided to release universal app only for $0.99 to make up the loss for iPhone users. This mean we cut the price by 80%!! Currently you can’t carry anything from one app to another.

5. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    #5 dnk, Aug 8, 2011
    Yeah exactly. Heaps of games are made universal, except games from the big companies like Gameloft, EA, etc. Even Space Invaders Infinity Gene added universal support for free.

Releasing 2 versions is fine if it's made clear from the start, otherwise it looks like a double dip effort. And It's worse than any other games because the iphone version is defunct. Pay again or get no update: Your choice.

I guess it's ok for those who haven't bought the game yet as they can have the universal version for $0.99.

But for early adopters? Screw them!

6. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I'm also not happy about this :(

I've bought the iPhone version for the full price.
    You've promised updates that never come.

It would be better for the iPhone users to make Let's Create Pottery HD free for one day :)

7. ArturID

Game Center and all the new features + free updates in the future for $0.99. It’s not a good deal?

8. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Seriously, it's 99 cents. Think of it as an IAP and skip supersizing your Double Quarter Pounder meal today.

9. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I think retina display, game center and new features by free updates is normal :)

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm unable to find the IAP items. Do they unlock only after a certain amount of progress? I'm about 6 orders in.

11. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Thanks for the reply but you've got to admit, at the end of the day, that it is a smack in the face for owners of the previous iPhone version as they now have to purchase the SAME game again (albeit at a discounted price) AND pay AGAIN (this time NOT at a discounted price) for additional brush packs.

I know you've given your reasons for a new app and the previous update problems but having to pay again, regardless of how cheap or expensive it might be, isn't fair on an existing customer.

12. ArturID

Yes, you need to finish first 10 orders.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yup, found them now. Are the photo background IAP items on show anywhere on your site?

14. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Exactly. $0.99 can easily get me better games with more content like Dead Space, Street Fighter IV Volt, World of Goo, Mushihimesama Bug Panic, ChuChu Rocket, Plants VS Zombies, Puzzle Agent, Monkey Island, etc.

But the main problem here is not the $0.99, it's the principle. Selling something and then discontinuing it to force users to pay again is ridiculous. Who can promise they won't do it again? They can always abandon this HD version and create Let's Create Pottery 2 at the intro price of $0.99 later.

I've never seen anything like this in the appstore. I've seen HD version released later than the normal version, but: 1. The devs made it very clear before hand. And 2. They still support the iPhone only version, so those who don't want the universal version can keep the one they have and still receive updates.

Let's Create Pottery = Let's Double Dip.

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    You're missing the point. And I would wager intentionally at that. It's for the customer to decide whether or not something is "a good deal." Your job ends at offering them that option, not making that decision for them.

And that is even beside the fact that any previously purchased IAP now has to be bought again, as well as any progress from the original iPhone game being lost.

Here is what I am going to do personally: write off my investment in your app as a loss and notch it up as a lesson to never purchase anything from Infinite Dreams again.

16. ArturID

Guys,

Please consider one important thing. The “old” iPhone version works on iPhone 3G and older iPod touches. The new features we already implement in the new version doesn’t work with the “old” devices and iOS systems. New iPhone is coming, as well as iOS 5 – that’s why we decide to create one universal app what we can update in future.

Obviously we could leave the old version in the App Store and never update them because of technical issues but then part of the fans will be disappointed when see the updates for iPad. Please believe me, we always think about our fans but in this case that was the only way to proceed.

17. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Frankly speaking, and this is based on a suggestion by a TA user I saw in one of your threads, you should have made your app free for a day or limited time (and informed existing iPhone customer via an update or an in-app message/news update) as a gesture of good will.

18. ArturID

Check this thred for more info.

19. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010

20. ArturID

Why? This is not a new version for the same price ($4.99 ) but big update with tons of new features. It’s only $0.99.