List of games that are NOT available in certain countries

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by carnivore, Dec 17, 2009.

1. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    #1 carnivore, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    first of all, i apologize if a thread like this already exists but the search function did not bring up any viable results. what i am trying to do here is to compile a list of games, that are not available in certain countries [not including games that just haven't come out yet due to time zones]

i will not be able to test this for every appstore there is but i will personally compare: United States / Canada / Australia / UK / Germany

help and suggestions are very much appreciated

Appname / Publisher / not available in [as of 18-12-2009]

American Idol: The Game by Electronic Arts not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom [i guess pretty much everywhere except for the US]

Anytime Pool by Electronic Arts not available in Canada

Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies by Activision Publishing Inc. not available in Germany

Deal or No Deal: Around the World by I-play not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Deal or No Deal: Do we have a Deal? by Viximo not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

Deal or No Deal: Million Dollar Mission by I-play not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Doom Classic by id Software not available in Germany

Duke Nukem 3D by MachineWorks Northwest not available in Germany

DS Double Sys by ZM2 Dev not available in United States

EDGE by Mobigame not available in United Kingdom, United States

Family Feud™ by Ludia not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Flight of the Hamsters by Cartoon Network not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

Harvest Moon Frantic Farming by Natsume Inc. not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Hello Kitty Parachute Paradise by ZIO Interactive, Inc. not available in Australia, Canada, India

iZombieland by Sony Pictures Television not available in Germany

Million Dollar Password 2009 Edition by RealArcade not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

Pandemonium by Electronic Arts not available in Canada

Rock Band by Electronic Arts not available in Netherlands, Singapore

Silent Scope by Konami Digital Entertainment not available in Germany

SpongeBob Diner Dash by Nickelodeon not available in Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom

The Adventures of Khaki Pants Pete by Blockdot, Inc. not available in Australia, Canada, Germany

Tomena Sanner by Konami Digital Entertainment not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Voltron by Sony Pictures Television not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey by Ludia not available in Australia, Germany, United Kingdom

Wolfenstein 3D Classic by id Software not available in Germany

Wolfenstein RPG by Electronic Arts not available in Germany

YAHTZEE™ Adventures by Electronic Arts is not available in Denmark, Norway, Sweden

comments: took Q*Bert Deluxe off of the list, don't know why i didn't find it before...

2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    what the hells everyone got against germany ?

i can understand and know about the wolfenstein problem

but where waldo ?????? or Q*Bert !

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Video games are VERBOTEN in Germany!

4. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #4 tblrsa, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    Germany is not missing much with the Non Availability of Wolfenstein RPG.

They just took old GFX and Sound Effects from Wolfenstein3D and mixed em up in a weird cocktail called "Wolfenstein RPG". This Game is just lame. Wolfenstein 3D Classic on the other hand really shines on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, Tabula Rasa, but I have to disagree with you on the Wolfenstein RPG...it is quite funny, and I actually like the mixture of FPS and turn combat. But to each his/her own I guess.

6. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Sure, the game may have been better with new gfx and sound effects, the old ones just dont fit in my opinion.

7. kazamman

kazamman Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Least they got Edge.

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Tamagotchi

9. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Lot's of games being made against germans, Call of Duty is all about shooting them. I don't think they would enjoy playing that.

10. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    YAHTZEE™ Adventures by Electronic Arts is not available in the Danish Itunes/App Store.

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    + 1

I had a created a thread.. not sure if any devs. changed the availability.

I am missing Hello Kitty in India :(

12. carnivore

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    #12 carnivore, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    i am german and i can assure you it has nothing to do with that.

1) you don't shoot germans in general. you shoot nazis. there is a biiiiig difference...
    2) there are different laws in germany that prohibit the release of games if they for example are especially cruel against humans or human like beings (e.g. manhunt), if you get points for killing people (e.g. cod4's arcade mode was cut), there is nazi propaganda to be seen (e.g. wolfenstein) and other reasons.
    3) if any release of a game ever landed on such a list (there are also different lists ;)) any release of that game - even in other form - is prohibited too (e.g. Wolfenstein 3D Classic, Doom Classic, etc. those two for example were banned when they originally came out back in the days...)
    4) there is a list with titles that mature gamers are allowed to buy, but games on that list are not allowed to be advertised. that means retailers can not present them in the store, magazines cannot print articles, etc.
    these games are not allowed to be sold over the internet either, because it would be considered an advertisment if a shop (e.g. iTunes) would sell them.

EDIT: oh and about the 'non violent games'... most of those just haven't been released due to copyright
    reasons.

EDIT 2:
    - added Yahtzee.
    - what about tamagotchi? do you mean tamagotchi: 'round the world? where is it not available?
    - which hello kitty game?

13. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I can't seem to find Platinum Sudoku in the Swedish AppStore.

14. carnivore

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    i can't find it anywhere. sure this game exists/hasn't been pulled by apple in general?

15. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009

16. carnivore

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    added to the list

17. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

We all now why Nazi Zombies are banned in Germany!

18. carnivore

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    please enlighten me...

19. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well it looks like Germany hates violence, video games, and/or zombies.

20. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

#20 AlvinDj, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    ROCK BAND isn't available in Singapore