Dream Quest - Roguelike Deckbuilding Game (Beta!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LegendaryFerret, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendaryFerret

LegendaryFerret Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    #1 LegendaryFerret, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    Hi all!

I'm excited to announce my first game for iOS - Dream Quest. It is, as the name indicates, a roguelike deckbuilding game. What does that mean? Explore dungeons (or forests, seas, crypts, or others), fight monsters, and earn loot (but avoid death!) as in a standard roguelike. But combat is a very simple card game and loot comes in the form of cards - for example a Slice card deals a small amount of damage and lets you draw a card, but a Dice card deals massive damage based on the number of Slices you've played.

There's a video that one of my testers put up on youtube showing his first couple runs on a recent build:

YouTube: video

And a couple of images from the game:

[​IMG]
    The Warrior

[​IMG]
    A Rogue in the Crypt (Screenshot)

I'm currently looking for some beta testers, on PC, Mac, or iPad (no iPhone version right now, though the plan is to have it for both). If you're interested, please send me an e-mail at DreamQuestGame at gmail dot com or a PM here.

Thanks!

2. Cryptikx

Cryptikx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
  3. LegendaryFerret

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks to everyone for some great feedback - the testers we've gotten from touch arcade have been fantastic.

The iPhone version is now ready for public testing. If you'd like to test for it (or for the iPad version), please click the following link and sign up for TestFlight: http://tflig.ht/1mDB6kc

We're looking to submit in a couple of weeks - thanks again for your help!

4. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Hey. I've been beta testing this. I really like it. But. My gripe is that it's too easy to die. When you find life it's like 2 or 3. When your character is down 10. Also some of the monsters are overpowered. I had a shark guy and a boss guy totally kill my warrior even w full energy. So. Maybe a little balancing work is needed. Other than that it's a very cool game. Thanks.

5. Cryptikx

Cryptikx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    I've been highly enjoying the beta! I do have some feedback, would you like me to leave it here or do you prefer I PM you?

6. LegendaryFerret

Dec 22, 2009
    @jgainsbrugh: Death is meant to be frequent and brutal, but the runs should be short enough (especially early on) that it's not so sad when you die; instead you unlock new cards and new passives (and new classes!). Which monsters, in particular, are causing you problems? I'm certainly looking for balance feedback, so if there are monsters (or bosses like the shark) that you're finding too nasty, let me know. It's most helpful if you can also tell me what strategy you were trying or vaguely what your deck looked like at the time.

Oh, on healing - the main way you heal is to level up (or to find some cards that help you heal). Try messing with the order you fight monsters to time your level ups for when you need heals

@Cryptikx: Feedback here is fine, through testflight, PM, or e-mail (in the original post). Glad you're enjoying the game!

7. LegendaryFerret

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks again to all our testers. We've just submitted the app and are waiting for review!

8. LegendaryFerret

Dec 22, 2009
    Coming out tonight!

Thanks again to everyone here who helped out.