Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-21-2014, 10:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
cool, thanks for your observations. haven't got it yet (still stung by my sight unseen Manhattan Project purchase) but tell me, is this wash, rinse, and repeat or is there enough variability in the cards to make each escape unique? also, how many AI do you play against? can you play against just 1 or do you have to play you and 2 AI?

also, you said slick interface so the UI handles all those card displays so they are readable but small enough to look organized? is there a tap to enlarge or is that necessary?
1) Tough to say. An escape plan is just some random objects and a numerical value. Whether it's 2 maps or a uniform and a food ration makes no difference beyond simply the symbols you need to match. After each successful escape more dice are added to the future plans.

2) You can choose to play against 1-4 opponents, AI or human. The AI difficulty is set universally for the game so once you choose Beginner, Advanced, or Expert, all AIs will be at that difficulty.

3) The cards are all very basic pictograms, no tricky text to worry about and the instructions are very easy to pull up in-game if you forget about any of the other special cards covered in the tutorial.

Worth noting, the game doesn't appear to save your state in games vs. AI when you exit thus I doubt it supports async play.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
This is a really really tough call for me.

I absolutely love the theme ...but I pretty much dislike board games.

of the board games I've bought:-

Ascension - played once, never again
Lords of Waterdeep - played twice then deleted it
Small World 2 - played once then deleted
Scotland Yard - played once and deleted
Le Harve - couldn't understand it
Eclipse - couldn't understand it
Ticket to Ride - love it!
Phantom Leader - love it!

Soo.. I'm tempted by this.
Le Havre, Eclipse and Ghost Stories are IMHO the 3 best board games (on ios). But you really have to put some effort into it!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 PM

I will (almost) buy anything that LordGek recommends. :P

I heard that MP is broken. Care to comment?

Off-topic: worker placement game is not really my area, but I enjoy Stone Age and LotWD very much.

All Catan needs is a proper async MP (like War of the Roses does)
Old 08-25-2014, 05:01 PM

i don't play multiplayer and i haven't had much time to play beyond the tutorial (and let me add it's one of the best tutorials i've seen) but what surprises me is even though it's still in the top 100 board games on iTunes (sadly it's falling rather than gaining) there's not one review! that and this mysterious developer/sudden release/no website stuff has me wondering if there will be future support for this. it would be nice as there are expansion card sets.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
i don't play multiplayer and i haven't had much time to play beyond the tutorial (and let me add it's one of the best tutorials i've seen) but what surprises me is even though it's still in the top 100 board games on iTunes (sadly it's falling rather than gaining) there's not one review! that and this mysterious developer/sudden release/no website stuff has me wondering if there will be future support for this. it would be nice as there are expansion card sets.
It's probably one of those "wait and see how well it sells" things. Although, the chance of it doing well enough to fund further work on it are a lot lower with no developer presence to promote it.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
mysterious developer/sudden release/no website
one mystery solved. the App Support button on iTunes now takes you to a (minimal) website.