Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-22-2013, 01:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Is it common for the prices to drop so quickly after release? Seems a bit of a rotten trick on the die hard fans who buy immediately
Eh, it's both common and *expected*. If a game comes out at $0.99, I figure it will go free. If it comes out at $2, it will go to $1; if $4, then $2 - it is what it is. I can't even do more than do a half-hearted double take at this point. It's not unfair, and anyone who sees it as such is still viewing things backward. These sales are about devs who are trying to gain and/or maintain visibility in an app store where chart position is a stronger influence on sales than any other single element.

This was a game that could have come out of the gate and done very well, and then they shot themselves in the foot by not testing the iOS port sufficiently so it was crashing repeatedly on current devices, so all their early momentum was ruined. So now they slash the price in half and likely slash their income in the process as they chase critical sales momentum to gain a sustained long tail sales curve.

I paid $4 for the game, that's a little more than I paid for the bag of peanuts I bought 2 days ago and already finished. Definitely not worth getting upset about when after seeing the problems I was expecting a $0.99 sale when the update went live
Old 09-22-2013, 07:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Not compatible with iPod Touch 4 can I get the PC version for $2 too?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakuer View Post
Not compatible with iPod Touch 4 can I get the PC version for $2 too?
Yeah, wait for the next big Steam sale, either fall, Halloween, or Winter. Game will probably around $3. During the Summer Sale, it was on sale for $3.40

Last edited by Bronxsta; 09-22-2013 at 07:29 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 07:15 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'd like to put in a feature request: leaderboard on total completion time or something. Just for the sickly compulsive competition minded like me
Old 09-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Eh, it's both common and *expected*. If a game comes out at $0.99, I figure it will go free. If it comes out at $2, it will go to $1; if $4, then $2 - it is what it is. I can't even do more than do a half-hearted double take at this point. It's not unfair, and anyone who sees it as such is still viewing things backward. These sales are about devs who are trying to gain and/or maintain visibility in an app store where chart position is a stronger influence on sales than any other single element.

This was a game that could have come out of the gate and done very well, and then they shot themselves in the foot by not testing the iOS port sufficiently so it was crashing repeatedly on current devices, so all their early momentum was ruined. So now they slash the price in half and likely slash their income in the process as they chase critical sales momentum to gain a sustained long tail sales curve.

I paid $4 for the game, that's a little more than I paid for the bag of peanuts I bought 2 days ago and already finished. Definitely not worth getting upset about when after seeing the problems I was expecting a $0.99 sale when the update went live
This game for 99 cents would be a steal.