Blog to connect indie developers to their fan community

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rcloudsoftware, Mar 3, 2009.

1. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Hi,

I wanted to mention a new blog I was just recently made aware of, that should be of interest to many game developers here at TA. The site is at tenfingersclub.com, the goal of the site is to give indie developers more exposure, and to help connect developers with the community of players who like indie games, and vice versa. I think the concept of the site is great, and I hope it is successful...because we indie devs need all the help we can get when it comes to broad exposure.

The site is *brand* new, like less than a week old, so there is obviously very little content to speak of, but I did my part by submitting an article (at the request of the site owner) describing my life as an indie developer, my game in development (Spellwars), and what challenges I face, etc...

I think the site is worth checking out if you are either an indie dev, or a supporter of indie games. If anyone has any other similar sites, please reply and post them...I am always looking for more ways to promote my apps and games, as I'm sure many other independent developers are as well..

Thanks
    Ryan

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the information. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this site.

3. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

Looks cool :)

4. gnizama_Mitch

gnizama_Mitch Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Game Design
    California
    With Sliders - Match 3 being approved in the app store, we're looking for all possible publicity and reviews. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to review the game, or even conduct a possible interview. I'm down for anything. This also goes to anyone else who does reviews that might be interested.

5. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    If you want the guys at tenfingersclub.com to do a review, send them an email and say so...they are very responsive, especially right now while they attempt to grow site traffic.

I have also agreed to start writing a weekly column about programming with the iPhone SDK for this site. Am trying to think of a catchy title, something with a unique name that can be googled, but still remains meaningful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Ryan

6. gnizama_Mitch

gnizama_Mitch Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Game Design
    California
    Sorry, I wrote that post really late, and seemed to have assumed you were running the site. I've contacted them directly now :)