Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

View Poll Results: What was your favorite release from the week of August 22?
Asphalt 8: Airborne 67 68.37%
Sheep Happens 1 1.02%
Jack 'N Jill 9 9.18%
Smash Bandits 0 0%
Little Galaxy 4 4.08%
Dream House Days 6 6.12%
Strange Loves 2: Hex Boyfriends 2 2.04%
Ben 10 Slammers 4 4.08%
Blackbar 3 3.06%
Hello World 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2013, 02:52 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hmm... dont think it'll be a big gap. The forums is pretty much split between Terraria and JJX looking at the forum activities, and I for one am not a fan of the genre and havent picked any of the 2 yet, so im sure some are in the same boat as i am.

Im still trying to figure out which one to get though, as im not really looking to buy a coupe games from a genre I usually play, not to mention a premium price of $5 each.
Yeah, you're right but in my defense, I didn't know JJX was coming this week when I posted that.

While sandbox games aren't my favorite style of games either, I do enjoy the 2D versions like Terraria and Junk Jack, so I was pretty happy last night.

While the two games are very similar, I would say Terraria is more focused on action and JJX is more focused on customizing. Both games have exploration and crafting and enemies to fight. Terraria has you fighting huge boss monsters and JJX has you crafting huge monster buildings. Both games do what the other does just a bit differently and with a little more flare.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Yeah, you're right but in my defense, I didn't know JJX was coming this week when I posted that.

While sandbox games aren't my favorite style of games either, I do enjoy the 2D versions like Terraria and Junk Jack, so I was pretty happy last night.

While the two games are very similar, I would say Terraria is more focused on action and JJX is more focused on customizing. Both games have exploration and crafting and enemies to fight. Terraria has you fighting huge boss monsters and JJX has you crafting huge monster buildings. Both games do what the other does just a bit differently and with a little more flare.
Cool... I went with JJX, mainly because of the multiplayer, which the TA article got me to dive in.

Since you said they are both great at what they do, i guess there really isnt a wrong answer, so i hope JJX opens a new genre to me, and then i'll eventually pick up Terraria too.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:05 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Cool... I went with JJX, mainly because of the multiplayer, which the TA article got me to dive in.

Since you said they are both great at what they do, i guess there really isnt a wrong answer, so i hope JJX opens a new genre to me, and then i'll eventually pick up Terraria too.
JJX is currently my favorite of the two. Probably because I am familiar with everything from the first one. One thing that makes the game a lot more enjoyable for me is to buy the $0.99 IAP that fully unlocks all the crafting book recipes, otherwise you have to find all the recipes in game or manually set up the crafting window. Which isn't a huge deal but really just makes it quicker and easier to buy the IAP.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
40-point difference here, probably one of the biggest gap between first and second place on the GotW poll, if not the biggest.
Almost 60-point difference in the final results. Biggest gap ever?