Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2014, 10:40 PM

I agree with Sanuku about the D pad. Even though I have small fingers and my thumb doesn't cover it, it is still really, really hard to make my character move with it on my iPhone 5S. I guess I should try it out on the iPad and see if that's any better.

As for the drawing part, it is a bit difficult on that smaller screen. However, the game has some really great tools such as zoom and the bucket tool for painting, so it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. All in all, if the D-pad wasn't giving me grief I would be very happy with this port. I hope they fix that in an update, because I am having fun playing it.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
I agree with Sanuku about the D pad. Even though I have small fingers and my thumb doesn't cover it, it is still really, really hard to make my character move with it on my iPhone 5S. I guess I should try it out on the iPad and see if that's any better.

As for the drawing part, it is a bit difficult on that smaller screen. However, the game has some really great tools such as zoom and the bucket tool for painting, so it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. All in all, if the D-pad wasn't giving me grief I would be very happy with this port. I hope they fix that in an update, because I am having fun playing it.
That's awesome, thank you. Obviously it's not great news for most people but for me Drawn to Life was a little like Scribblenauts - the controls may be a little wonky but as long as the creative side of things was functional then I'm more than happy to drop the cash!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Never thought I'd see this on iOS

But, now that it has, oh the excitement
Old 05-23-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
That's awesome, thank you. Obviously it's not great news for most people but for me Drawn to Life was a little like Scribblenauts - the controls may be a little wonky but as long as the creative side of things was functional then I'm more than happy to drop the cash!
I feel exactly the same way! Also, you'll be happy to know the D-pad works much better on the iPad (at least it does on my iPad mini). It's still not the best implementation, but as you said, at least the creative parts are all functional.

Last edited by witedahlia; 05-26-2014 at 05:56 PM..
Old 05-24-2014, 09:36 AM
iPad Air

Oh the nostalgia.

Sudden memories fill my mind of the fun I had while playing this many years ago
Old 05-26-2014, 06:02 PM

Update: I have been playing the game for awhile now and I'm sad to say that even on the iPad, the D-pad is terribly frustrating. (I have never typed the word "D-pad" so many times in my life, until this game came out on iOS.) it's a shame because everything else works so smoothly, even the drawing parts. But if you can't move forwards or backwards (that is, side to side on the D-pad) then you won't get very far. I keep trying but after a few minutes I have to quit out of frustration. The fact that I keep picking the game up again says a lot, so I do hope the developers fix this issue.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:47 PM

Lousy control issues....

The dpad is still too small in where it works.
Then there's spots with signs you tap on, which can get tapped when actually trying to use the dpad!

And the "clear all" button when drawing... It's mostly blocked by the X button! And inexplicably, zooming in removes the "clear all" button and a few others! Including stamps, which you might want to place while zoomed in!

Can't precisely draw with the cursor when fully zoomed in (as presumably intended), because the dpad is not properly responsive and when it does move it goes too fast. Or you'll touch the drawing area instead of the dpad, so pick undo and try again...

And your original hero can not be deleted, and thus can not have its name changed.

Hopefully this stuff will get fixed.

Here's a picture of the "clear all" button obstructed by the X button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (244.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Intendro; 06-20-2014 at 03:04 PM..