Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-23-2014, 04:38 PM

On a separate note, does anyone know what the skulls mean?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:44 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
On a separate note, does anyone know what the skulls mean?
I believe the skulls represent the difficulty of the level - the more skulls that are shown, the higher the difficulty.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
I've no idea how your screenshot shows that. The 10 is the max number of crashes/retries to get the star. The 11 is the number if crashes/retries you got on your last run. There's no separate crash counter displayed anywhere.

You seem so insistent though that you almost convinced me that I was wrong, so I put it to the test.

I just took on Level 18. Made it to checkpoint 3 with zero crashes, then saved. I then crashed 25 times before finally completing the level. The max number if crashes is 8 so according to your theory, I should have got the star because my crash counter reset to zero with every retry. It didn't.
My screenshot showed that because I did exactly what you said: play an already achieved level. I just wanted to show the label "crashes" in the achievement, not the counters. And true: there's no crash counter, just retry counter. I thought/believed that the game registered the amount of crashes internally and I was going to do exactly what you did: play a non-played level to prove you wrong, but I guess I'll have to stand corrected.

The only explanation I find of me being so convinced (obsessed?) about the wrong theory being the right one is that the retries don't count when you begin from the start and not from a checkpoint, and in this situation it doesn't matter if you press the "retry" button or the "back to beginning of level" button. Believe me: I clicked "retry" on level 2 many, many times because I wanted to go up the clouds and crashed, and after getting bored I decided to finish the level and got the 2nd star. I guess I got it because I was always beginning the level, and not playing from a checkpoint.

EDIT: yes, that's it, I've just checked it: if you click on retry but haven't saved on a checkpoint, the retry counter reverts back to 0. Yesterday I played for perfect runs from beginning to end, so I didn't bother unlocking checkpoints. I thought I had unlocked one though... Anyway, sorry mr_bez for being so insistent. I was wrong.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 10-23-2014 at 05:48 PM..
Old Yesterday, 01:58 AM

No worries. You were only trying to help me!
Old Yesterday, 05:09 AM

Default Level 1-3 Locked Area

Once you have finished a level, the red locked blocks disappear. I have been struggling to enter the area on level 1-3 because it is directly above the first runway.

My strategy so far has been to take off and then "stall" the plane whilst facing upwards. The wind draws the plane backwards, so it's a balance between not hitting the ceiling, moving up and backwards whilst not toppling backwards (i.e. always facing forwards).
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Congrats Rovio !

This is how its done to encourage people to buy something as a thank you.
I absolutely don't need anything (over 50 stars left) but i gladly spent two bucks to say so.

I'm at level 18 and the only timer i see is the one for the daily challenge, and that's ok, easy. Maybe i was too fast, but with that incredible challenge and great physics, i already had so much fun that it was totally worth it.

Curious though, are there timers later on?
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknobloch View Post
Once you have finished a level, the red locked blocks disappear. I have been struggling to enter the area on level 1-3 because it is directly above the first runway.

My strategy so far has been to take off and then "stall" the plane whilst facing upwards. The wind draws the plane backwards, so it's a balance between not hitting the ceiling, moving up and backwards whilst not toppling backwards (i.e. always facing forwards).
This is what I was looking at early on in the game and what initially put me off on it. It's not too bad to get up there, just fly to where you are nose up on the right edge of the hole and then start looping non-stop. You will climb up. Once up to that level unfortunately you aren't done as there's no safe spot and you have to do it all again.
Old Today, 01:49 AM

Love this game. It offers a good amount of levels, a great challenge, and no moment have I needed to buy something with real world currency to proceed (not a pay 2 win model).