Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Did u press restore? It's always worked for me..

2. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Backup does surely work 99.9%. Probably you did something wrong, thank you for the rating though, it's always nice to try to do our best and receive this kind of unhelpful feedback.

3. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    Don't worry about it. There will nearly always be the odd 1 star review, due to some personal frustrations. Whether they are valid, or common, is another mattter and as far as i've read, this is an isolated incident and won't put people off buying and rating well.

Keep up the good work.

4. You want helpful feedback? Then keep an eye on your iTunes feedback.

Problem is, when you hit PAUSE it auto-saves.
    Hitting restore does work...it restores what was immediately saved when you hit PAUSE.
    Including a deleted inventory.

No worries here though, since it's been deleted from my iPhone I won't be running into it again.

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Simply not true.

6. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Yeah not true. Saving and backing up is so easy. Just backup your inventory every hour or few minutes and u can easily press restore and bam it's back. I don't see the problem and I love the way they implemented it but to each his own.

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    When u pause it saves the game yes but u can still restore the inventory that u backed up. It doesn't matter if u paused and it saved, restoring always restores the inventory u backed up, simple easy and effective.

8. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    We periodically read iTunes feedback. I was specifically complaining about your way to provide feedback..

Now speaking about facts, just to clarify:

• Inventory and world are saved when you hit PAUSE
    • Inventory and world are backupped when you press BACKUP button
    • A backup is separated from a save
    • Inventory backup can be restored with RESTORE ITEMS in options
    • World backup can be restored with green arrow in choose world view
    • When something corrupts you will be always able to restore a backup (that is never touched automatically by the game)

9. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    Does this guy really argue about the game mechanics with the DEVS? Dude they created the game they know more about the backup system and the rest than you

10. Cb_jeep@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 2011
    So since none of my old save games work, I deleted a world and started over again. I played a lot last night and got a lot of loot. Turned it on this morning and after 5mins game crashed and I lost all my stuff!

After reading this forum I found out about this bug and that there is a work around by pressing Back up, and restoring.

Problem is nothing in the game tells you what this back up button does. So I never used it. I thought saving was good enough. So restoring items does not work!

You can't assume everyone is reading this forum to learn how to work around all these bugs. It's not fair.

11. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    That's because you didn't push the "Restore Items" button. User error!

12. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I want what you're smoking.

13. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    The backup function isn't intuitive, and does seem to be poorly integrated to the UI. The backup button is on the pause (save isn't backup, like some people would think), restore world is on the main load world screen, the restore items is in the options. It's rather all-over-the-place. It's just not very straightforward -- it's clear that the guy complaining couldn't figure out how it works at all.

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It may not be intuitive, but it makes sense - it's not like you need to (or should be able to) restore a world from within the world. You probably won't need to restore the inventory from the main menu either.

I was thinking the same thing until I realised... There's nowhere else I'd put them if this was my own game.

15. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #1255 AlteaineDranix, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    Backing up should probably be in the tutorial somewhere since it differs from saving, which is something most people might not realize unless they've read the thread here or Pixbits' official forums. But rather than having the back-up functions separated between the world menu and the options, there could be a back-up button in the world menu that takes you to a screen where you can separately back up your items then each of the three worlds. I'm not sure how that would work out UI-wise, however.

That aside, does anyone know whether we lose the holiday present drops and biome on the next update? Pardon for asking a second time, but I think my post regarding this was buried a few pages back. >>;

16. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #1256 Ravenblack, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    You don't need to restore the inventory from the main menu but it would certainly make it more obvious that it exists. You got people voicing they don't know how it works, and it seems like some people don't seem to know it exists until they read this thread. So it is hardly ideal, isn't it?

Not really asking you to accept the feedback, the feedback is the for the dev. It is entirely up to him if he wants to do something about it.

17. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Why are more and more updates coming out for this game without the core crashing issue being solved/addressed first and foremost?

It was a pain seeing all the negative reviews on the AppStore complaining about the same problem... why isn't the dev able to solve this and/or put it on priority above all else?

18. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Lol, that's probably one of the biggest concerns of everyone that buys games on the iOS. :p

19. electroman12

electroman12 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    This is really strange- I cannot craft any doors, but I can craft everything else! Please help!:confused:

20. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    I think the craft blueprint for doors has been changed, so if you're using the old blueprint from memory - that would be why. I'm not sure what the new one is, sorry.