How difficult is Jet Car Stunts?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 25, 2009.

?

How difficult is Jet Car Stunts?

1. It's easy

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. It's difficult but fair

41 vote(s)
    85.4%
  3. It's difficult and unfair

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. other

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    After reading a lot of reviews, and watching a bunch of youtube videos, I'm sold. I want to buy Jet Car Stunts.

Quick question before I hit the Buy App button: Is this game hard in a "fair and fun" way? Or is it hard in a "I want to break something!" way?

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    I want to break something!

But then you feel a satisfaction when you beat it.

3. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    it's all about your mindset...

yesterday: i was happy, playing the game for fun, foolin around, having a kick out of all the cool flips and crashes. Did pretty good and had very little frustration.

today: one of those day.... woke up and knew it was gonna be bad. i played JCS and i swear i was ready to punch anyone who was gonna disturb me. Did horrible and had a lot of frustration

All in all, the game is just the right amount of difficulty and it's really fun :D

4. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #4 tsharpfilm, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    lol. So it's probably like Earthworm Jim. No other game has frustrated me more, but when I finally beat it, I felt awesome. :D

Sounds like something that could keep me occupied on a long train ride.

Thanks folks for the replies.

5. H-T0WN/G4M3R

H-T0WN/G4M3R Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I find the game quite simple as you advance.

I beat the whole easy and advance levels in one try, but it took me ages to beat the beggining.

6. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    Does this game have tilt controle

7. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    It's difficulty curve is a significantly important part of the game.

Aside from the gorgeously polished gameplay the challenge is IN the courses being progressively harder.

If you could beat them all first time round then people would be on here moaning about how short it was.

The difficulty of this game... along with the possible exploits / shortcuts are exactly why this game is a huge success and why so many videos are posted to youtube and why it will continue to thrive.

This game is going to live on my iphone for a very long time.

8. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009

Yes.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The levels are perfectly named.

Easy is really easy.

Intermediate takes what you learned in easy and cranks it up a notch.

Hard is legitimately hard. You'll be restarting 3-5 times for most.

Impossible is really frickin' hard. 6+ restarts, unless you get extremely lucky.

It's definitely fun and fair, though. The levels are what they're called.

10. iPodtouchfancarjacks

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    Ok giting it know

11. pavenger

pavenger Active Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Student at EWU; Pursuing B.S. Mechanical Engineeri
    I found this game to be very difficult at times, but if I stay positive and relaxed about it, it's usually pretty easy. None of the levels gave me too much trouble but I still can't beat the very last on yet. I think this game is the right kind of difficult where it's still fun.

12. iPodtouchfancarjacks

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    His game is realy fun

13. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I got a gold medal on the first easy level (after about 5 tries :D). Great game. Good action, and I love the global illumination and sound effects.

14. hockeyfight

hockeyfight Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Washington
    It might just be me, but I think this game is hard. I cant get passed just starting b.

15. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    No, it's not just you. This game is hard, but not impossibly hard. It just takes a bit of practice. I just beat "Just Starting B" after 3 retrys. My experience with Wipeout and Ridge Racer has been a helpful reference.

16. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #16 freedog, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    yeah this game requires precision and the right touch, thats all. Its difficult but not overly difficult. Its wierd, the challenge is a mix of fun and frustrating at times, but the fun far outweighs any frustration to the point that you don't even really get frustrated. Its just a super polished game.

17. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah it is REALLY hard from the start but the great thing about the game and a real tribute to the controls is that with practice it gets much easier and you can start to nail things.

I find it VERY hard to get gold times on even the very first stages but this is great because i am currently fighting to achieve silver and then will push for gold.

Its all balanced in a great way though as the challenge adds so much depth to the game and most importantly gives you are real reason to bother replaying levels to improve your score.

18. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

The game is hard, but fair. I compare it with geoDefense :). Every level is solvable and they get harder and harder. But, the beginners stuff is very easy, easy is easy and, well, hard is hard. I tried hard c yesterday and even in 50 tries I did not get it. But this was my fault: I know how this level worked, but my hands fell asleep ;). So, overall: Get this game. It’s hard, but the learning process really stays in sync with the raising difficulty, so you never feel like the level would be unsolvable.

You really get this when you go back to a level like easy a with the long jump on the end, which I NEVER solved. But after playing some other difficulty levels I solved this level with one try. You build the skill for it.

That’s how games should be!

19. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i think the game is at a perfect or very near perfect difficulty where you dont beat a level in a couple mins, but also that you ever stop having fun or trying again

20. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I think it gets difficult too quickly, and there is no proper tutorial in-game (I think), but you'll get used to it. Great game overall.