Puzzle Football: Quest of the Gridiron - Football meets RPG meets Puzzle

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PartTimeEvil, Oct 24, 2013.

1. PartTimeEvil

PartTimeEvil Well-Known Member

#1 PartTimeEvil, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Hi Touch Arcaders, this is Matt from Part Time Evil. This will be a sort of preview/dev blog for our next game called Puzzle Football: Quest of the Gridiron. Thanks so much for checking out our new game and let me know if you have questions.

http://www.puzzlefootball.com

[​IMG]

About
    As a studio, we are all American Football fans. And being game developers, obviously we love RPGs. And we tend to like playing puzzle and touch-friendly games on our iPhones more than simulation football games. So we are combining them to make a football game with puzzle action, that also has a deep RPG leveling system.

RPG?
    When we say RPG, we are really pushing this area. To be honest, this is what I like the most about this game.

*Choose a set of power cards to take into each game, like magic spells in an RPG.
    *Level-up your team.
    *Level-up your players through strategic gameplay.
    *Earn new Equipment that makes players more powerful.
    *Choose players with different styles for each match.

Full Quest Progression
    Beyond obtaining all the cool stuff I just mentioned, we are building a quest with goals and achievements, and an actual progression.

Players
    We are planning to build 20-30 players. Our theory is “if it’s fun, try it.” So we are putting in a pirate player and a robot players. It’s not realistic, but we like it!

Teams
    Teams have custom logos and their own strengths and weaknesses.

Multiplayer
    Right now, we are planning to have singleplayer and turn-based multiplayer. Play against your friends using the same team you've leveled-up in the adventure mode. We are still deciding on pass and play. That sort of depends on our indiegogo campaign, and what people tell us they like the most for MP.

Ideas
    The game is still in production, so let us know of things you’d like to see. This is an active dev blog. If we get enough funding (gotta eat to make games!) then we are thinking about customizable characters. Fingers crossed!

2. PartTimeEvil

#2 PartTimeEvil, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Video Preview

Here's our preview video.

3. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I want the dart board that developers use for "match-3", "Rpg" and "x" so I can plan my jokes accordingly.

4. PartTimeEvil

@joltrabbit, thanks for looking at the thread. We are indies so this definitely isn't driven by any buzz words. We are a few guys in a room making a game we like. Hope you give it a look!

5. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    This game looks great.

6. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    cool game, can you give a exact date of release?

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Will this be a universal app?

8. PartTimeEvil

@Mark Denardo I just messaged you back about beta testing.

@cretpetpet We havent nailed down a specific date (and a lot of that will depend on how our indiegogo campaign goes, since we are needing to temp hire another engineer). We'll know more specifically in about 1 month.

9. PartTimeEvil

@slewis7
    Thanks for looking at the thread! It will definitely be universal app.

10. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yes! More awesome ios football games!

This looks like a great mix of elements, and I dig the Retro feel! Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Any playtesting happening yet?

11. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    !!!! Cracks whip: get yer game out, MM!

And sorry for the sarcasim here. Good luck with your game.

12. PartTimeEvil

@MMarzola Thanks for checking it out. I'll be posting some more art images up here soon.
    We are going to use testflight, and will probably start running tests in about a month. If you want to join, PM us your testflight email. Thanks!

13. PartTimeEvil

@Joltrabbit, no problem! Again, appreciate you checking things out.

14. PartTimeEvil

Here is an example of one of our players. The players are designed in modular pieces. That way, they visually swap out equipment as you upgrade them. He's on a football card because we are giving them away for our funding campaign.
    [​IMG]

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Just signed up. Looking forward to the mash up for some of my favorite gaming genres!

16. PartTimeEvil

@coledaddy Thanks! We are working in the quest now, which requires some heavy lifting, but its going well. If anyone resides in Austin, TX, we will be part of Game On Austin. This is a showcase of local games, and you can come see an early version. We plan to show an overall look at the game and a sample quest. There are a few studios we like there with other indie games with weird concepts.

17. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Nice, waiting for releases day.

18. PartTimeEvil

We have been MIA for a while doing a bunch of work on the systems of the game. We started making a dev blog of videos. Here is the first one on the basics of gameplay. We'll try to put these our more regularly. Thanks!

19. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Awesome job Part Time Evil!!

I'm just down the road from you guys, I'm in Houston. Hope all goes well with your game and look forward to seeing it launch.

Tass

20. PartTimeEvil

Thanks Tass. We MAY be showing it at the free gaming expo for SXSW, so stay tuned for that. Really depends on if we can work fast enough!