Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    legit thanks for that info it's really helpful

so which device should I play it on? my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it til I get the iPad 4? If it doesn't make much of a difference to wait I'll just get it now. I just want it to go on sale and I foresee that happening around xmas time

2. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Honestly the iPad 4. On my 64 gig 4s this game runs so bad. The story is intriguing, but the performance isn't worth another $15.

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Does any1 who plays this also play The Last Express? That game looks interesting and fun but I feel like Walking Dead is more of a create your own adventure, maybe ill just get both.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #444 Candykiller, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Episode 4 is available now.

For those interested in the file size, the game is now 1.8 GB installed with all four episodes. (one more to go)

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Damn i should have bought the episode pack ages ago which was cheaper, i'm buying every episode one at a time - duhhh !

Really been impressed with this game, been excellent

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Holy crap, that didn't take long. I'll download it later today...can't wait! :D

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, there was a long wait for the previous episode, but they've done well getting this one out quickly to catch up with the console version. Hopefully the final episode will be released for all platforms around the same time.

8. Scabio

Scabio Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Looks like we will never see an iPhone 5 update... :(

9. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    On this game screen size doesn't really matter to me that much,I can play it fine but I'd like an update for my iPod 5's bigger screen

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Holy crap episode 4 released a lot sooner than even I expected. Downloading now. Time to get some answers.

11. jdigitL

jdigitL Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    is this a game or a cartoon? i dont see any gameplay in any of the videos? what am i missing?

12. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Just finished Episode 4 and it seemed a lot longer than normal. Telltale really crammed in a bunch of content into this one. They somehow keep managing to outdo themselves.

It is a point and click adventure game. Hope this gameplay video from the TA crew helps:

13. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Is this game worth getting? I've seen parts of the PC game and was wondering about getting this for myself. :)

14. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Hell yeah it's worth it

15. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks. I'm downloading it now. ;)

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Prepare for one of the best gaming experiences you will ever have.

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    And the worst customer service!:rolleyes:

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    LMAO...I wouldn't really call it the worst. In fact, they really do go all out when something's wrong and they can fix it. "Cool story bro" time:

Back when they shipped out my Jurassic Park Collector's Edition (on PC, naturally), the box arrived here tattered and torn (they shipped 'em out without any protection...trying to make it look like an authentic InGen package. I guess they didn't anticipate how badly some of them would arrive) and the InGen I.D. card was missing for some odd reason. I contacted customer support and asked if there was any way they could send me a replacement cardboard box and an I.D. card. What did they respond with? Something along the lines of "We're sorry, that's just not possible...but we've already shipped out an entirely new Collector's Edition for you". That honestly blew my mind! As insane as that was, I responded with "The least I could do is buy Back to the Future" and what did I find in the "Games" section of my account? They gifted me the first episode. I mean...come on, how ****ing cool is that?

Oh, and they also gifted me "The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition" when my C.E. "Tales of Money Island" treasure chest took a little long to come in the mail.

Don't get me wrong, I know their customer support isn't the greatest, and I certainly wasn't sent here to try and make them look good, but yeah...I just thought it would be a cool story to share. :p

19. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Lol! Cool story indeed:p
    Seriously though, I found them to be unprofessional and indifferent to my inquiries. I sent them an email, asking about iCloud support in future update. Got no reply. Went here
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
    And asked the same question. Their response was cold and unapologetic. I had another inquiry about iPhone 5 support and again, I was snubbed. So many indie/Low budget deves scrambled to update their apps within few weeks of iPhone 5 release. Why can't telltale be like that? Smh:(

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't get me wrong, I've also hard a hard time with them...most recently with how much of an ass it is downloading the episodes of Walking Dead both on PC and iOS (which both us have talked about earlier), to no avail whatsoever...but I guess there's a difference between responding to online queries and fixing actual concrete problems. Whatever...I'm coming off as too representative and defensive, so I'd better just shut up. :p