Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    here're a few...

- Arrows should auto equip when you equip the bow. It's annoying when you try to switch back from the knife to the bow and your "right hand" is still holding that damned torch instead of the quiver.

- (ranged attacks probe) If you try to shoot a second enemy near one that you just killed from far away, you can't seem to target this nearby enemy; it simply defaults to the little "hand" telling you you're too far away to loot the body of the first one you took down.

- music in the taverns and such is way too loud. And the use of the wind instruments feels intrusive and wrong. What can I say, I'm a composer - I guess this sort of stuff sticks out to me. Anyway, instead of the Stravinsky-style dissonant wind ensemble, try something with lutes and light percussion.

- music in general feels loud at times; implementing separate controls for music and sound relative volumes would be a plus.

- "Auto-Equip" would be a nice button to have in the inventory menu… ie: equip the best stuff you have that you're capable of wearing/using.

- the ability go to the Options screen without having to save or risk losing your place would be nice.

more to come as I continue playing...

2. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Add some really hard to find locations. You could have to complete puzzles to open doorways etc. Make it a quest to find them. You could put a really good weapon or an enchantment rune in them.

3. ziotoo4

ziotoo4 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Just a couple things i noticed:

1) when you select "put item" in a chest, you have a prompt with "ok" or "cancel". No matter what you select, the item will be put in the chest anyways

2) i got stuck between a wall, a bed and my henchman. I had to dismiss him and hire him again. The simplest fix i see is: once you hire an henchman, it's hired forever: no need to pay him again if you dismiss him ^_^

p.s. congrats for the game. I am a little disappointed (as you can read in the official thread), but also very impressed by the love you all put into it. Overall, a 8 on 10 :)

Fede

4. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Add Aralon: The Battle For Callaheim as $1.99 DLC. You could have some quests where you recruit people for the army then have a massive fight against bandits or the undead.

5. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    some more...

- I'll second the request for replacing the "!" with a "?" once you've spoken to an NPC and taken a quest.

- I'll second the request for a HUD style in-game map… or at least a compass.

- if you choose not to take an item from a corpse, why leave it on the "battlefield?" For example, if I choose "take all"… the wolf corpse disappears, right? But if, for example, I choose not to take the wolf claw (which at this point in the game just seems to be useless baggage) then the body remains on the ground and potentially messes with the "auto-targeting."

- the ability to loot the body should come much sooner after the kill. Right now there's a delay.

- am I missing something, or is there no ability to jump in this game? Not that that's integral, but at one point I actually got stuck near a waterfall and was unable to get out because I couldn't jump over a very small boulder.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yet another suggestion (again)

Please make the mobs stop following you after a while. I pulled a high level mob, and another spawned on me so I started running away. By the time I ran all the way back to nearest village I seriously had about 10 mobs on me while I'm running for life. Went inside a building and all was well but Jesus hahahaah

7. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    #87 NaughtHere, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    My only problem with the game is the tiny size of many of the UI elements on the ipad. I have a somewhat easy solution for that. Why not have an option to just 2x the UI elements? I'd rather have it be ever so slightly blurry, so i can at least read things without squinting.

8. Tipio

Tipio New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Just a few suggestions:

Fix climbing. It feels cumbersome and I could shoot an arrow and climb at the same time. It was awkward.

Can you put the "back" button on the lower left of the screen instead of the top after you loot? Do you have to display ALL those boxes when just one or two items drop? I feel like it may be wasted screen space.

I'm on an iPhone 4 btw. Just having to move my left thumb from the joystick to the top gets a little tiring. I'd rather just click through loot more quickly. Great game so far!

9. hurrahstuff

hurrahstuff Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Additional abilites, or an increase in current skill variety. I've noticed that many of the skills are the same skill over and over with just an increase in damage :/

10. Peoke

Peoke Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Pleeeease please please make ability to share your save game between your iPad and iPhone. Other games uses the Plus+ service for that. Maybe you could do the same?

Is this a feature youre planning to add? I really want to know because this is the one thing there is holding mé back from playing this game. I really want to play this game on my iPad, but i only got my iPad with me half of my time.

11. Timptation

Timptation Member

Dec 17, 2010
    First things to jump out at me

Bugs:
    Hole in tricep of my human female Mage
    Moving while opening chest crashes game

Improvements:
    IPhone sized menu screens on iPad?
    Can't hear voices, give audio options to turn just them up
    Auto close inv. Screen after hitting "take all"
    Auto close simple conversations that go nowhere after one screen like "hi".

Great game so far other than that. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

12. Timptation

Timptation Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Fishing bug

Tried fishing for first time and it said "too far away" or something, which made me search for just the right spot for a while before realizing that it really meant to say "equip fishing rod first"

13. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    #93 Jo., Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    Needs a way to get rid of criminal status.
    Map should mark spots were quests are and where there due.
    Map should also show dungeons

I encountered a bug where my character has a giant floating... Thing in front of him. It stays in front of him, about a couple feet and any way his head turns (like when looking around when idle) it moves too

EDIT: I figured out what it was, it's your hair floating in front of you o.o LOL it only happens in Benn's Helms and Pauldrons in West Calleheim

14. Breeze

Breeze Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I can sign that. Trapped chests are useless because moving while opening crashes the game. That' awful. Plus: If you move very slowly, the move-animation is not played, so you're actually surfing through the world. Plus: The first person perspective makes absolutely no sense because it's a mess of graphic bugs (especially while fighting).

However, despite those bugs it's an awesome game. It's made with love and I can feel that. It just feels like a little universe in my pocket and hence it's absolutely worth the money!

Regards

15. pnke098

pnke098 Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    i have one problem with a quest of the knights of callaheim, the quest is "a meeting disrupted", the game just freeze when the npc are talking but the music continues and i have to restart the app to play again.

hope that this can be fixed in the next update

16. Surfheart

Surfheart Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Australia
    It would be nice if the first person view was usable for combat. As it is now, the mob gets too close and clips through the viewpoint. Also your own character sometimes clips through the viewpoint.

I'm sure its been mentioned already, but it would nice if the inventory and character screens could be "iPadized"

17. azen

azen New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    It will be really GREAT if the items (weapons armors jewels..) have a varied randomized attributes on it and noticible item enhancement by that i mean like torchlight (where you can risk or gamble your item by enhancing stronger and if you're unlucky you can find your weapon break or even your attributes on your item gets wiped completely..but the more u upgrade ur item, the better and stronger it gets but more risker) .

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    we are going to be working on that - as we get the thing ready for the Mac App store too. I don't think we'd 2x the elements though - but move them around make more use of the space.

19. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Compatibility with older devices. Ravensword works, why not this?
    Unless you're going to add the flashy PS3-level graphics like in Infinity Blade, then I have no complaints that it's not compatible with my iPhone 3G. But at the current level graphics just about every other 3D game can run on my phone, it's disappointing this one can't.

20. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I'm sure all bugs will be fixed soon. I Would like to see an undead race though. I think that would be pretty legit.

The game is great btw.