Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

This thread about this kind of metal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@Balu` it's okay, while I still dominantly listen to metal, I only listen to it like 50% of my listening experience.

I've jammed on the new Dance Gavin Dance that got released today. Mechanical Poet got thrown in the mix, but I also listened to some Marty Robbins and still good ol Chiptune.

Autotheism is amazing though. Downright amazing.

Old Man's Child for some cool Black Metal. I'm picky with Black Metal, so for me to suggest it is rare.

Been jamming on Brand New a lot again too. The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me is a good place to start.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Just figured I'd try bumping this one with a few good songs to see if this thread's still active at all

And if anyone else has listened to the new Oceano album, what'd you think of it?
New Oceano is laughable, Rock styled cleans in Deathcore is a major joke. Production is pretty bad as well.

Such a pass on, only redeeming part is the killer artwork from Sarafin.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotive View Post
New Oceano is laughable, Rock styled cleans in Deathcore is a major joke. Production is pretty bad as well.

Such a pass on, only redeeming part is the killer artwork from Sarafin.
I actually agree with this. The new Oceano album was terrible. I actually caught them live before it's release and they played some songs and I'm like "Okay... It can't be THAT bad..." And it was worse.

Speaking of Deathcore... Hear about the All Shall Perish vocalist leaving to do Suicide Silence? I think that's retarded, but I haven't liked All Shall Perish since Ben Orum left (and is now in the amazing OBLIVION) and Suicide Silence died when Mitch Lucker decided to be a f*cking moron.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
I actually agree with this. The new Oceano album was terrible. I actually caught them live before it's release and they played some songs and I'm like "Okay... It can't be THAT bad..." And it was worse.

Speaking of Deathcore... Hear about the All Shall Perish vocalist leaving to do Suicide Silence? I think that's retarded, but I haven't liked All Shall Perish since Ben Orum left (and is now in the amazing OBLIVION) and Suicide Silence died when Mitch Lucker decided to be a f*cking moron.
So I guess I'm gonna have to go ahead and be the dissenting party on both debates here XD I enjoyed the new Oceano album thoroughly tbh, certainly not their best (since I'll always give that to Depths), but I liked it quite a bit. Sure the cleans were out of place for them, but I enjoyed it overall.

And as for Eddie in SS, I thought it was a good decision. ASP is still continuing, and Eddie's did a really good job with the one thing they released, so I'm pretty content for now. I'm gonna wait until they actually release something before I pass any final judgements though.

And damn dude, it's been forever since I've seen you around here. Good to see everyone back here again

And as for what I've been playing today, here's a few tracks:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

First one sure as hell ain't for everyone, but I've been enjoying it. I'm sure someone will enjoy at least one of those though

Last edited by Somerandomdude; 10-09-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 10-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post

Eddie wasn't the best choice for a replacement but he is a friend of the band and the label gets to double dip in sales. Since SS and ASP are on the same label, Nuclear Blast, NB will reap the benefits of ASPs increased appeal of their catalogue from the new fans Eddie brings over from SS.

Win - Win for them.

I personally think SS shoulo if called it quits as Mitch was essentially the entire band but the brand is such a cash cow, it just wasn't going to happen.