Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

*sigh*
I feel I have to apologise for the lateness of this update.
The Update was actually ready about a week ago, but then I realised that, because all my test devices were upgraded to iOS7, I'd need to update all my DevKit to account for that.
It took a couple of days to get everything updated (which also included needing up upgrade the Mac to Mountain Lion) and then I got back to compiling, whereby a number of iOS7-based complications have cropped up.

The latest of these is that my game no longer seems to want to share audio, so if you have any of your own music playing, launching my game will instantly stop your music.
To be honest, this is downright disgraceful behavior, and I'm not willing to release an upgrade until I've managed to track down this issue and fix it.
I've put word out on a couple of dev-forums, and am hoping someone can figure it out, because I've spent the better half of two days trying to sort it, and it's starting to do my head in!!

Stupid updates, they always break something! Gah!

Anyway, I'm about 2 weeks behind, but the update IS coming! Classic, Survivor and Arcade modes are all present and accounted for, and as soon as I can get this stupid audio issue sorted, I'll get it uploaded to Apple.
Sorry for the wait, folks! Should be about another week or so..

Meanwhile, I've started work on "Sheep Goes Right"!! Should be appearing in the next month or so.

Last edited by Jayenkai; 10-05-2013 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: I has grammar borked.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for the update no prob on the lateness as tbh my iOS gaming time has dropped seriously since the release of GTAV but I still have Blastraxx in my icade folder.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:47 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah, I got some weird ios 7 issues myself, so i understand, better to wait a little and get the ios 7 kinks out before update anyway. Great game, can't wait to try dual stick!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Ugh.

Right, the first update's FINALLY out. This game will annoyingly pause your music. Bring up control center, and you can unpause your music. I really need to fix this, but for now we'll call this a "quirk".
Apologies to all.

The game now has a bulkier menu, it's a bit cramped on iPhone5 Portrait, but it's mostly manageable. (Better in landscape!)
Arcade and Survival modes are in, the TwinStick setting is in the options menu, and...
I'll let you figure out what else has changed for yourselves

Enjoy, and apologies for such a long wait.
I now have to kick my Mac until I can fix that stupid audio issue. Grrr!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
Ugh.

Right, the first update's FINALLY out. This game will annoyingly pause your music. Bring up control center, and you can unpause your music. I really need to fix this, but for now we'll call this a "quirk".
Apologies to all.

The game now has a bulkier menu, it's a bit cramped on iPhone5 Portrait, but it's mostly manageable. (Better in landscape!)
Arcade and Survival modes are in, the TwinStick setting is in the options menu, and...
I'll let you figure out what else has changed for yourselves

Enjoy, and apologies for such a long wait.
I now have to kick my Mac until I can fix that stupid audio issue. Grrr!!!
Wow. Great update (other than the music bug)! Saw the release notes and didn't see twin sticks mentioned, but glad it's in. Can't wait to try it out!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:24 PM

So far so good. People don't appear to be complaining about the audio issue, so maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill?! I dunno. It's annoying to me, so I'm sure it must irritate other folk, too!

People seem to be enjoying the Arcade mode, which is good, as a great deal of effort went into fine tuning the balancing on that. Tricky to get it "just right", but I think I've managed to find a good middleground for it all.

For those who care about such things, I also updated the Android edition,today, too, so everything's nice and identical. (Although I've had reports that "circle round" might be giving some android users a wee bit of slowdown. Stupid cheap android phones can't draw quick circles, it seems!)

Anyway, enjoy the update, and try to ignore the cramped chaos of the main menu! Again, better in Landscape!!

Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas, chuck 'em my way. Thanks for playing.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

For interest's sake, a new updated trailer!