Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2014, 06:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboWarrior View Post
You play on the 4S? If you do (seems like it) does the graphics seem lower than the original game? I did reboot and it seems like it but I'm not too sure.
Nope... Playing on the iPad Air. Havent tried Epoch.2 on the 4S, but i do play the first Epoch on the 4S still.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default EPOCH 2 is IGNís Free Game of the Month for April 2014

Uppercut Games has partnered with IGN to offer EPOCH 2 as their Free Game of the Month.

The free codes can be obtained exclusively through IGN's website. (link below) Codes are available on a first come, first serve basis.

http://au.ign.com/prime/promo/epoch-2
Old 04-05-2014, 06:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Dat first boss. Shai Hulud would be proud.
Used to play with 'em way back when...remember thier first show /useless info
Old 04-05-2014, 04:34 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Nope... Playing on the iPad Air. Havent tried Epoch.2 on the 4S, but i do play the first Epoch on the 4S still.
Just played both and Epoch 2 graphics are very much inferior in graphics compared to Epoch 1. The textures are pretty muddy and and the polygons are fairly visible. The colors seem more vibrant on the first one. Seems odd that they would lower the graphics on the 4S despite the fact the first one played incredibly smooth with better graphics.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboWarrior View Post
Just played both and Epoch 2 graphics are very much inferior in graphics compared to Epoch 1. The textures are pretty muddy and and the polygons are fairly visible. The colors seem more vibrant on the first one. Seems odd that they would lower the graphics on the 4S despite the fact the first one played incredibly smooth with better graphics.
You try deleting then reinstalling?but I think it's not that the problem,I was play Epoch on my old iPhone 4,and it was super smooth,then I play on my iPhone 5 and the graphics was from another planet, now Epoch 2 on iPhone 5 had really good graphic,and it's super smooth,but some graphic effects,for the fact that use the latest UE3 as seen in infinity blade 3,are only for A7 devices..
Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
You try deleting then reinstalling?but I think it's not that the problem,I was play Epoch on my old iPhone 4,and it was super smooth,then I play on my iPhone 5 and the graphics was from another planet, now Epoch 2 on iPhone 5 had really good graphic,and it's super smooth,but some graphic effects,for the fact that use the latest UE3 as seen in infinity blade 3,are only for A7 devices..
Yes I did reinstall and rebooted the device but the graphic are still pretty mediocre compared to the first game. At least the gameplay is smooth. If I'm correct, the A5 and A6 both initiate the highest graphic option for the first game, since Epoch 1 was one of the many games showing the capabilities of the A5 SOC like what Infinity Blade 2 was for A5 devices.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

EPOCH.2 just has more stuff going on. More stuff means less frame time for fancy rendering features, which means we couldn't turn on all the fancy rendering features that EPOCH has on the 4S for EPOCH.2
Old 04-08-2014, 03:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by UppercutRyan View Post
EPOCH.2 just has more stuff going on. More stuff means less frame time for fancy rendering features, which means we couldn't turn on all the fancy rendering features that EPOCH has on the 4S for EPOCH.2
I understand lowering the effects but there were a lot of effects and low textures similar to 3GS textures on Epoch 1. The game was definitely not "retina" in other words. Was this intentional? I would at least like the graphics to be at the original game level or higher. It becomes hard to read text on a retina display that isn't "retina" content. But kudos for making a fantastic sequel, it definitely seems more fun and action-packed.