Delete account/Unregister/Name change?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by ShortAppsReview, Oct 5, 2010.

1. I'm looking to have my name changed on this forum but it looks like that's not possible. It also looks impossible to delete an account, basically unlinking this account to my email address so I can reregister.

The only alternative is to create a fake email account to just be able to reregister.

Gotta be a more efficient way right?

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Nope. Just get a new email address. Doesn't have to be fake. :rolleyes:

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    1 user + 2(+) accounts = eternal ban

4. Gemütlichkeit

Gemütlichkeit Active Member

Oct 5, 2010
    What if the other account is never used?

I could see how this would be an abuse of the system of the 1st account was banned.

I'd like to request a system that allows a use to change their account name.

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    We have that feature. Its called contacting the mods and explaining nicely why you want a name change :rolleyes:

6. f e a r l e s s

Mar 12, 2009
    What if the name you would like to have is already taken... by an inactive user (almost a year, just checked, not stalking, lol)... It's a developer, too. :(

7. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Find a new unused name ;)

Or change that name slightly. Assuming you want to have "fearless" and its taken, you can go for fear-less or anything like that.

8. f e a r l e s s

Mar 12, 2009
    I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

9. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    I dont know if I made it look like the name will be changed as you wish, but please remember, unless you have a good enough reason, the admins probably wont bother changing it.

"I'm bored and this new user id is so much more awesome" is prolly not going be good enough :p

But in any case, cant hurt to try either, feel free to PM me or zincous with a name change request (rest of the mods will cost you a lot more, we'll do it for just 10 bucks each ;))

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

@imnosuperman
    i do recall one dude (somethng to do with bat...) got his name changed to dr porkychops (or something), then got it changed back. if that's not just for fun, i dunno what is...

11. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    You missed the point. Ask that user how much 'fun' he had with those name changes and you'll realize where you misinterpreted me.