Universal Middle Manager of Justice - (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.) - Universal

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 5, 2012.

1. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Is it available on European AppStore? I can't find it in Poland :(

2. JChalmers

JChalmers New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Nope got pulled as it was accidentally released in a review process.

Unless you were super quick to get it no one can access it yet

3. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    It's been pulled, the release was a mistake which shouldn't have happened, game wasn't finished yet.

4. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That sucks... I really want to play that one. :/

5. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Trust me, you don't in the state it was in :p While it was decent, it in no way felt like a finished product to me, lacked quite a bit of polish.

6. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Disappearing Equipment

I ran into a bug where whenever the game has to load up it seems like equipment starts missing from my heroes. When the game just resumes it seems like nothing is ever missing. Not sure if this is part of the gameplay with equipment breaking or something, but would have thought there would be some message about it.

Had it happen on heroes with only 2 equipment slots and on heroes with 3. It also seems to happen to doubled up items, like 2 Kevlar Vests.

Anyway, enjoying the game bugs and all.

7. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback!
    * You know, the way that I've tested the game is to always get the lowest level hero and train them up. Fights shouldn't have to feel like you need to highest level hero to beat them. If the other options (such as equipment and items) don't feel useful, that's definitely a tuning failing. It's all in progress folks!
    * We are going to add easier fights so that whenever you hit blocks, you have other options than slow desk work.
    * Agreed. We are working on this one.
    * Yeah, we are going to tune the decay rate as well as the minimum reward.
    * Believe me, the game does not detect for that. Each enemy has their own special attack timer just like the heroes, so at about every 3 turns they will do their big attack.
    * Oh...odd. I'll look into that.
    * Yeah, the toasty device thing... :(
    * Whoa really? That shouldn't happen...
    * Again, bad bug :( Yikes.

8. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Glad you're still enjoying the game! And in no way is the equipment supposed to disappear from your inventory. I've heard of this bug happening whenever you double up something. Will definitely fix.

9. Cisp

Cisp Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Physiotherapist
    Stockholm Sweden
    I've been playing the game since the accidental release 2 days ago.

First on my iPad 3rd gen until i got stuck on the bus rescue bug. Luckily I had downloaded the game to my iPhone 4 in hopes of playing it with iCloud support. On my iPhone 4 I haven't noticed any gamebreaking bugs even though the experience is a lot more choppy then on my new iPad.

I think I have played through all that this build has to offer, I'm currently at Corruption Central beating gang encounters that respawn just after I've finished the previous one. No status indication towards a boss fight what so ever.. There is 2 areas listed as coming soon so I think this is it.

First of all, I haven't used any IAP's and just 3 or 4 consumables. The game is really playable just the way it is, but there sure is a lot of fighting and not that much variation in how you progress also the story is really on the thin side.

I bought all the heroes I've been using from the entry level booster pack. About half way through the game I bought one from the most expensive one and to my disapointment it was the same hero I could buy from the entry level pack, just a lv10 one that was poorly leveled up and wasn't even remotely as useful as my level 6 heroes I'd leveled up myself.

Here's a few points that I've been thinking about:
    * the heroes,
    - why is it similar ones in all packs, why not have exclusive ones at the upper tiers?
    - why isn't there (or is there?) any indication on whether the hero is ranged or melee? In my setup I use 2 melee and 2 ranged, when I switched to 3 ranged I got stomped..

* the manager,
    - for a game that puts a manager in the title the little manager avatar sure doesn't do much in the game, sure motivating his heroes and helping rasing INT and morale is good. But why isn't there any expanded features? Upgrades? The whole game he just earns the same 7 bucks over and over. Poor lad..

* the office,
    - why is there such an emphasis on building 4 sets in each room when in reality I just needed 1 or perhaps 2 of each equipment? Maybe the 2nd to 4th item could be exponentially cheaper to counteract this..
    - you should get some information/notification on when to upgrade your space, I played through half of the game before I got around to expanding.

- The battles,
    - regular fights was only hard up until the first boss then just meh and grindy.
    - boss fights, much harder than the regular fights, almost everyone had me loosing at least once. But since almost all (if not every one) of the boss battles provides you with a respawning gang encounter it's easy to just grind for a bit mor cash and then buy some more equipment or consumable.

All in all it's been 2 busy days which I'm now glad is over. Similar to the Kairosoft games I got totally obsessive and forgot/neglected to do many things around the house. So on that note at least, the game delivers, pure crack!

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #90 SkyMuffin, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    After playing a bit more, the rate at which i'm earning coins feels a lot better. I only have two heroes right now and I'm at the point right before the giant robot boss, so it is still pretty early. I guess i just hit a hump for a moment. It went away after the first two bosses and now i am constantly doing things, which is great.

A little thing about the coin decay I noticed-- it seems to decay even while you are in battle. This encourages the player to skip through dialogue as quickly as possible, which is unfortunate.

Similar to the issue with multitasking resetting progress-- sometimes when I send my heroes to do something (example: rest) and then put my device to sleep, when I wake it up the game is in the same state. My heroes are still about to walk over to the beds and they haven't rested yet, even if it's ten minutes later. (again, ipad 2 if that is relevant)

This is really fun and I am kind of addicted to it now. Thanks for being so transparent about things! :)

11. WakeOfPoseidon

WakeOfPoseidon Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Engineer
    By reading through the comments, it looks like several folks made it further in the game than I was able to progress to. I got stuck with 2 Bus Rescue quests in Rural Ridge shortly after the first boss, and haven't been able to get past the Approval screens on either (so, no new quests will show up). How did you folks that progressed further in the game get past that point? Did you just luck up and not get two Bus Rescues at the same time?

Just curious - I only got about 45 mins in before getting stuck with those two Bus Rescue missions and wondering if it's worth trying to start over (or if I'm just guaranteed to hit that same wall again). BTW, if it makes any difference, I experienced that Bus Rescue bug on an iPad 3.

12. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I'd love to see a button that can quickly take you to your heroes in the office and if you keep pressing it, it cycles between them.
    I'm also having the bus rescue issues so not sure what they are about. One thing with these missions, it automatically selects a hero, I think it's your first hero. For me, he wasn't the most suitable so I had to remove him and then add a new hero. It might be better if there was no hero selected as default and then you get to choose who you want.

13. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    why can't i find this game in the itunes market?

14. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks for playing! Very glad that you enjoyed it!
    - Yeah, the iphone 4 can have better performance. Working on that right now actually.
    - Yep, that's all the scripted missions. And now you're fighting crime in the city. That isn't totally compelling enough right now, but you can try to get all the heroes and level them all up. We are working on making the post neighborhood content a lot more interesting.
    - Interesting. I need to do another pass at the higher level heroes and make sure they are appropriately powerful. We should also allow respec.
    - We should indicate that Heroes are ranged or melee. Also, I felt like having some heroes exclusive to the more expensive packs puts them out of reach for some players (and would take longer to get to them), and I wanted everyone to get to have all the heroes.
    - Yeah, the Middle Manager will be more of a focus soon. We're going to add more activities for him and upgradeable.
    - I can see how the fourth items in rooms are less useful. It's useful if you have four heroes and want all of them to train at once when you put your phone away. But I definitely see your point.
    - The combat can definitely use something else to make it more compelling. We will definitely think about that one.

15. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hey no problem! Thank you for playing and the feedback! I definitely need to tune the beginning two areas better. Also, the decay should definitely be halted. And as for multitasking, the game doesn't start the timer until the hero reaches the prop. We will fix this.

16. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Which hero have you chosen? Do you have two heroes at this point? Do both cause the game to stall?

17. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Cycling, hmm, that's interesting. And we're looking at either having the game default to the last selection of heroes, or having the selection be empty.

18. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's been pulled, it was my goof that accidentally released it a few days back.

19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I checked on this again and it looks like the timers sometimes get frozen even after my heroes reach their destinations before I put my device to sleep. i can't figure out if there's a pattern to it. sometimes one hero's timer will have progressed, but another one's will still be at the same as it was before sleeping my device. other times it is both. o_O

20. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    so when is this game coming out?