The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1 girlpower, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Starting this thread for anyone interested in discussing this great app.
    Please note: it is only available for the iPad

I am quiet new to the game (lvl 17)and would love to learn more from those further advanced......

What are some game strategies, helpful hints, any advice?
    Looking forward to hearing from game players :D

2. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Clever girl for starting the thread!! You're so much cleverer (is that a word?) than me!!

I'm level 33 now, have completed the first island and nearly completed the second one. The only advice I can give is learn to be PATIENT! Not my strong point I know! As you progress in the game everything takes so much longer to do, these developers really want you to spend real money. I confess that I did a couple of times in the early days just so I could move on a bit quicker!!

I've learnt to take it slower, make sure I've always got plenty of food growing, and have as many storage houses as you can afford!! It's all about the quantity you have saved, wood, lumber, stone, food, and then later in the game it's cut stone and marble. You really just need to follow the quests because you can't get anywhere until you have completed each quest, as certain things unlock once you've completed it.

I've waffled enough for now, if I think of anything else, I'll come back!!:D

3. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3 girlpower, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    Hey Jazbo, thanks for the post and advice :)
    Haha, I just KNEW you wouldn't have been able to resist doing some spending....I confess to buying one lot of the cheapest priced gems, partly because one of the quests said that the pink stone would give me 30% more of any gem buy.....well it did not do so on the gems I got, so I may have to write to their support as this is very misleading.

One thing I did figure out was the dragon I hatched is great at destroying those fire burning enemies, so I hatched 3 x more :)

When first expanding, I didnt know about them and wondered what on earth was happening as my village was on fire!
    Now I have been sitting waiting for them to strike when I got to expand.

I really want to expand my food storage, but need sawn wood...I think?
    Can't unlock the wood mill thingy yet, so currently have 4 food stores.....hard to find room to put anymore on at the moment.
    Also I went to move one of my Dragon habitats close to my wrecked plane and all of a sudden that got demolished!!!!
    Do you still have your wrecked plane as it was able to be explored more than once? BOO HOO, not sure if that was supposed to stay there or not.

Can we visit other friends Islands by providing our game code to them?
    I don't have a facebook account so will it only work through there?

I have been endevouring to slowly complete tasks....always hoping the developers are not going to get greedy and make them impossible to do unless one buys gems....

This app is really helping me through the DV dragon fails (DODO comes to mind)
    as a starter......

Really hope other players will post on here too.

Thanks for telling me about this app Jazbo....hubby rolled his eyes and sighed...I am sure I saw him clench his jaw also :D

Edit....completely off the track here, but today hubby and I drove into the city's Harbour to watch the ship carrying our car from Germany arrive....it was ordered 10.5 mths ago (finally built in Feb).....so how's that for patience!
    This is the other thing that's been consuming my time..,,tracking the ship from Port to Port since early March.

4. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #4 Jazbodooley, Apr 21, 2012
    Oh no!!!

Surely You can't have demolished your plane, you need that for lots of future quests! I didnt know it was possible to demolish it??? You may need to start the game again?? PANIC!!!! You need to search the plane for lots of things to complete quests so I don't know how you could progress the game without it?

I've had a couple of issues with the game where I didn't get my gems when I purchased and also, I used 5 gems on the 'spirit of speed' which speeds up your building, but instead of lasting for 6 hours it lasted about 5 minutes!!! I emailed developers about it and they said it was a known fault and would be fixed ASAP. Haven't had my gems reinbursed though! Other than those issues it's worked quite well for me.

I don't think you can visit friends unless you have Facebook although that doesnt even work for me because I haven't been able to link mine, don't know why?

If you get your plane issue sorted and can progress then the best advice I can give is, save as much money as you can and expand!!!! The more buildings you have the more money you make and money is what you need!!! The expansions get more and more expensive:( and you need the space as quick as you can get to cram as many buildings on as you can, especially the Trading Post, Shaman Shop, Ancient Bar etc, as they all make you money!

Let me know how you get on!

By the way, have you seen the new spin off from pocket potions and sweet shop? It's called Dream Dresses. Exactly the same thing as the other 2 games but strangely compelling........... Another game to make your hubby roll his eyes!! :D:D:D

Very intrigued about your new car! What did you get?? What an extremely long wait, shows huge patience on your part!!

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #5 girlpower, Apr 21, 2012
    Oh nooooo, I need my plane back!!!
    I got a real shock when it just disappeared and the only thing left was the small fire....I am now lvl 18 and the thought of starting all over again is not good.
    I will have to email them....it's funny cause I couldn't move the plane, so that's just plain crazy....

I was so sick of PP & SS crashing all the time, I have deleted PP and not playing SS right now, kind of really bored with these two as same ol same ol....I better not get anymore of these types of apps or else I will have a mutiny on my hands.....

Car wait blew out cause of demand verses supply...WV Polo GTI little brother for our current VW Golf GTI, so not a Lamborghini or Ferrari (haha, I wish)....
    Never again, truly over it....hopefully within next 2 weeks as has to clear customs, then compliance blah blah.
    Tracking the ship has been so cool though

6. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Oh no, doesn't sound good, I don't know how you'll get it back? I did see a note that said be careful with the demolish button........ I hope you get it sorted.

His and hers VW Golf! Very nice! And I wasn't thinking Ferrari or lamborghini, maybe BMW or Mercedes...... They're my dream car!! :D

7. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Well, hello all :D
    I'm currently at level 21. And your demolished airplanes sounds scary. I don't know how you're going to advance thru quests without it....unless there are alternative quests designed around it. Only the developers would know. But it does sound onimus.

As for strategy...maybe I should say tactics. When ever I open the game, first thing I do is wake up the dinos, before any enemies can attack. Plus keeping riders on them seems to up the level of defense speed. Plus the side benefit of earning good money. :D

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #8 girlpower, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Well hello back Deeneez.....your name sounds familiar LOL :D
    Thanks for coming over to join us here too......

I am starting to feel a little panicked about this crashed plane......
    In fact more than a little, I don't know really what to do except wait for an email back.....I have a really awful feeling I am going to have to start all over again and if so, I would rather do that now then keep advancing.....boo hoo :(

What sort of rewards are found from exploring the plane?
    I still haven't been able to build my lumber mill cause of incomplete quests?
    Is this something to do with the plane by any chance?
    Finding I could do with lumber to upgrade a few things like food storehouses for example but I don't have any lumber.

Also can you both help me with the happiness level bar.......
    How many plants, fires, cauldrons can one buy.....my Island seems to be littered with them but my happiness bar keeps evading me (can't keep up with it)
    Any advice?

How many dinosaurs do you both have?
    I may have got carried away with 4 and to think one of their lairs is somehow connected to my plane being demolished as I was placing them around it....GRR.

I did read we had to be very careful when demolishing and I have only used it to get rid of a few paths that were in the way....I know I didn't accident tally push that when moving my dinosaur lair cause it was already moving around the screen at the time...so the move button was in play....

Gues this serves as a warning to be very careful even when moving things around objects that are supposed to be there.

In my email I also mentioned that I didn't get the promised extra 30% value of gems....that was really misleading and I did say that.
    We will see what happens.....in the meantime I may just collect money but not advance until I have an answer.

Do either of you know if I were to delete and reinstall it, would it keep my score in GC like DV does?

Wish we could visit each others Islands

9. midapi

midapi New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    The Tribez

You don't need to make any in-app purchases. By adjusting the time/date on your device you can 'jump-forward' thus avoiding the delay whilst a deal completes. I have reached 1000000 experience points in a few days but have found that the game doesn't proceed past level 35 so stalls at this point. Hopefully it is something the developers fix in the next update...

10. Chopper12

Chopper12 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    What exactly is this game because I cannot find it if I search the AppStore?

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Chopper,
    Unfortunately it's currently only available for the iPad, so doesn't even come up in a search unless doing so from an iPad.....tested this out with my iPhone today
    Something to do with the graphics and iPad compatibility

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Guess its a fast way to level up....I am surprised the devs didn't address this as many do on other apps.

I kind of like the journey along the way.....so far it's pretty good ;)

13. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    What level and how many points are currently on your smiley bar? It's located directly under your star experience bar. You should see the smiley numbers increase with every purchase of decorations. In fact that smiley bar is fast to bump up. Items like the blooming tree and idols help.

I've noticed that the smiley bar need to be at least the same level as your experience bar for a lot of the quests...and to be able to level up buildings or such.

I only have 2 dinos.... Seems to be plenty for me here at level 21 on the first island. Haven't really developed the other islands yet. Want to finish the first one first.

As for the airplaine....there are a lot of items that are found there for various quests. Kind of like exploring the cave. And you don't always find the item you looking for on your first try :mad: It's a random thing....right now, I'm still exploring again and again for the elusive gas cans :cool:

My gut feeling, girlpower, is that you may need to delete the game and start from scratch. I hope that's not the case...and the developers answer your queries.

14. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    On the second island, I am having a hard time getting food. I think I cleaned too much too early as I only have those two bushes and can't afford a pig farm. I can buy the property to the south for 20k and see something that looks like ice fishing hut. Does that provide food? if not, I'd rather keep saving to open up th first island more.

-Greg

15. midapi

midapi New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    It's only made for iPad not iPod...

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #16 girlpower, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    I am now on lvl 19, and yes my smiley bar 19...
    I realized it needed to be pretty much in line with the experience bar to enable me to access stuff to build, so thanks for that :)
    I haven't even looked at the other Islands cause I also want to finish this one first, plus can't build the raft yet cause still need to find 3 x more saws.....so not sure if this is the only way to access them?

The blooming tree has just been released, so have filled that quest now

It doesn't look good for me that I no longer have the crashed plane site does it!
    Will be pretty tough to have to start over from scratch especially cause I have levelled up basically everything except the food storehouses cause the lumber mill still isn't unlocked.....the missing plane may be contributing to this?

I am also still looking for the umm, heck can't remember what they called it now...but it's apparently in the cave and so far after 3 x explores I keep getting Dino eggs....already filled that quest....so yeah the random thing reminds me of another app....I just bet you know which one I mean haha.

I really hope I hear from someone today....feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place ATM. Can't help but wonder what the quest would say regarding the gas cans for me...like where would it point for me to find them with no plane???? (just thinking out loud here) maybe the cave haha

Can't help but feel really duped over this....darned if I know how it happened when I wasn't demolishing anything and doesn't that usually come up with a screen saying ‘are you sure you want to demolish blah blah?'
    This shouldn't have been able to be demolished either as an extra safeguard....
    well that's my cry baby opinion anyhow.

Thanks for posting Deeneez, I am already learning great tips from you higher level achievers.....good stuff

Hey Jazbo, where are you.....bout time you posted again champ :p

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Greg, welcome :)

Hopefully Jazbo can help you with this as she is up around lvl 33 or maybe 34 by now and pretty sure she has got 3 Islands on the go from memory.

I am a bit of a plodder so happy to finish the first Island first, plus I may have to start all over again....looks like I am the only one that the crashed plane disappeared on......lucky me (not)

Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress

18. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #18 Greg G, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome. I think you are bumming without the plane as far as getting the raft up and running. There are things In there you need to find. My only suggestion would be to explore the cave. I could swear I got eggs from the plane so perhaps the cave will have airplane stuff. Long shot though.... Good luck!

EDIT: Jeeze, just realized that I missed the the real answer. Build a cozy house to satisfy that quest and get 400 food to build the pig farm.... I ended up harvesting the berries until I had enough. Oh well, it will make building my second pig farm easier anyway.

19. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Cheers Greg.

LOL, there's a bit to look at sometimes and one thing leads to another, so easy to miss something....but great you have your answer now......

One thing I am also learning is not to be so quick to build something just cause its now released cause I finished a previous quest...why? Well I will go and do so on my own back to then have a new quest come up asking to build one or two of what I just finished building DOH...example now I have 3 x bathhouses instead of two as per new quest....oh well, my villagers are working overtime, so no need to line up for a bathhouse now haha

I should be able to build my raft soon.....will be interesting to see what happens with the required supplies :eek: fingers crossed I will be able to get these from my cave....will take a lot longer though....still getting Dino eggs instead of the analyzer (remembered the name now)

Do you recall if this analyzer was something that you found in the plane even though my find arrow is pointing to my cave, curious to know if this is cause the planes gone?

20. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Well if your find arrow is pointing to the cave, then I think you may have a chance. Maybe they did build a back door for the quests with no airplane. Let's hope so.

As for the saws, I think some of the enemies dropped them. What does the find arrow say for the saw quest? If you don't have it as a quest....then there is another quest that need to be completed first. ...but darn if I remember the order of quests :cool: