Universal Warm Gun (By Emotional Robots)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 10, 2011.

1. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    lol the easter egg is in lowside but thts all i can say ;D
    -Ghost

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Games go on sale all the time. I spent 7.99 on Shadowgun only to have it go on sale a while later for .99 cents. That's happened to me many times but I don't regret it because you take your chances.

At least Warm gun didn't abandon their game and they will continue to improve. It'll still be worth the original 5 bucks.

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #503 injuwarrior, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    Lol, the guy you are talking about is one of the devs. Don't see why he can't be defensive when you trash his game.

So does anyone have any slightly more detailed impressions? Want to redownload this, but gonna have to delete something since I do not have my computer with me. This certainly did have a lot of potential, and I am glad to see the devs are still putting a lot of effort into it.

Edit: Also is the online community completely dead, or are there at least some matches again?

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, as you said, this game has a lot of potencial, but it lacks customization. With the lastest update, the game crashed once in the loggin in menu. Then, I reopened the game, and I played some matches, withou lags (I use an iPod Touch 4, and I have a lot of apps installed and music). I think that they were online. I say "I think" because there were at least 2 enemies, but I think that they were bots.
    I don't like the controls of the game. While aiming, I accidentally press the shooting button, or sometimes the character just changes his weapon without even touching the weapon at the bottom of the screen. The aiming assist doesn't work very well too.

5. monyo

monyo Active Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Dont mind the trolls. Or fanboys. I was actually going to try this out since there was a sale, made it on the front page of TA. But by the looks of things I'm gonna have to pass.

Honest unbiased reviews is hard to come by these days. Specially when everyone wants that 10$ gift card.

6. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Anyone having issues logging in ...when I tap the text box to enter my username I crash ...ipad2 newest firm....finally bought this due to the update and fixes! Im hoping it works out..

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its not reallly the price change, just for quite some time i had bought an unplayable mess which 'somehow' made it through testing and onto the app store. Thats what annoys me, not the price drop.

Hear hear, its depressing seeing the promo codes section of the forum and seeing countless 5/5 reviews just because they want to win the gift card.

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I will say this much about Warmgun.

Really nice graphics, some of the best that I have seen for maps on iOS. A few tweaks and moderations such as improved framerate, achievements, gyroscope options, and a ranking system could catapult this game into one of the best fps games on iOS.

9. Warm Gunner

Warm Gunner Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    Hey Guys, just wanted to drop in and share some news about Warm Gun.

We launched another big update on Friday (v1.07) and we have added some great new content. There are new maps, death animations and traps, along with a number of fixes and tweaks to the game. We have added a new scoreboard and replaced the old respawn system. One other big addition is the support for Airplay on apple tv.

So that's the update...
    Our goal now is to introduce new classes and game modes, to accompany the 80 achievements we are integrating. You will notice when you update to 1.07 that we have a number of maps that say "coming soon", those will be released with our next update. We have lots of great things in store for this year and we hope you check it out.

Please feel free to let us know what you would like to see and what you would like changed. We are always happy to hear from touch arcade members and we value your input.

Thanks again for all the support.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for the update, I'm glad you're improving the game and the updates have definitely improved it from the initial release. I'm glad I bought it on day one wth each update that comes out.

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #511 Ayjona, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    A greater sense of persistence, context, and progression (which, incidentally, is what many competitive shooters for iOS overlook). In a game that wants to retain player versus player balance, and therefore cannot make use of increased persistent character/player/account attributes and abilities, this is most easily attained through a generous amount of statistics, achievements and medals, combined with leaderboards and integrated leagues, tournament, ranks and ladders.

Preferably, each player will have an extended online profile, with stats for just anything you can do in game, generously sized medals to show off particular deeds (tournament and league wins, difficult game feats, etc), TrueSkill, ELO or some other kind of rating system, and perhaps even links to chosen publicly accessible replays (used to a great effect in may desktop competitive games, such as Savage 2. Cloud-saved replays from matches is a great way to promote competitive playing and the sense of community in online shooters, and there are a number of clever systems to work around the normally massive space requirements such a system results in).

In this way, you will give players a feeling of progression (or illusion of achievement, if you will ;)), but also build a strong sense of community (players find more joy in interaction with other players when they can show off stats and other highlights of their online career), which have proven to be a tremendous asset to most smaller online shooters, and is the lifeblood of many an old online game that somehow retains its appeal to competitive players (such as the above-mentioned Savage 2, alive only because of the community that resulted from above-mentioned implementations. The revered and now ancient Quake 1 and the original CS are examples of games that persists IN SPITE OF not being endowed with similar features, but because players made sure to implement of all of this on the web).

12. Warm Gunner

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    Thanks for the support, it's great to see players continue to update and play the game.

We could not agree more, you nailed it 100%
    Our focus for this summers update will be stats, achievements and all of the extra matchmaking features we can provide. I'm going to pass your post on to the Gunners, some really great feedback. Thanks so much.

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #513 WCFields, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    post deleted

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Sure the update looks cool, but I can't find any server to play online...

Anyway, I agree with Ayjona. This needs some stats like ranks, etc. And could you get rid of the health icon and instead use a CoD/MC system? Some blood would appear when you are almost dying. I think is better this way, because I never know how many health I have. You know, while you are shooting some guys you can't lose time looking away.

15. Warm Gunner

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    #515 Warm Gunner, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback on the health icon. We can take a look and see if we can offer it as an option.

As for the online servers... right now we just have 5 servers running, we will have our dedicated ones online soon.
    Once we get matchmaking and stats working the online play should get a boost. We will keep you guys posted on our progress.

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Hey TA, now that the servers are online, why don't we play some matches? There aren't many gamers online in the game. My ID is Dracoeldragon :)
    BTW, Warm Gunner, some bug reports and ideas:
    -Sometimes, your gun disappears until you get killed. You can shoot, move etc, but your gun is just invisible.
    -There are no explosion effects (iPod Touch 4).
    -There are some problems with the collisions. Sometimes, for example, I get stuck next to the car in the map where there are some planes which throw some barrels.
    -Sometimes, after changing the weapon, the number of ammo disappears.

-I think that we should be able to see the name of the people playing. Like some other online games: while playing, the name of the other players is shown next to them.
    -When you make a killstreak, the game should send a message like "User" Triple Kill (if you aren't going to put some killstreak tools like a turret).
    -Some sound effects or something when you hit the enemy.

17. Warm Gunner

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    Hi VaroFn

Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

As for playing online... We are having a "Kill The Developers Night" tonight from 6pm till 8pm eastern time. We will be online populating the servers and looking to play some matches.

We are a small team of only 9 guys, so keep an eye out for us :)
    Here are the user names of who will be playing tonight :
    Hope to cya there.

WarmGunner
    DGlow
    ghoulzgonewild
    jamestowne01

18. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Awesomeness

19. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    This game sounds vastly improved! You have offline bots in death match? :eek: I think I will buy this for my iPad 3 today!

Any chance of a Retina display update? :)

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I just played with jamestowne01, and of course I won :D
    I won every match I played today BUT I lost one...
    Anyway, in that match a guy named sirokoko was throwing about 3 or more grenades at once. Is that a bug or was he cheating?
    Hope I kick your ass... er, play with you :D