Getting pulled game onto iPad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Hi, I have an app on my iPhone which I would very much like to play on my shiny new iPad. The thing is: said game has since been pulled from the AppStore.

Is there any way to get said game on to said iPad? I am not interested in jail breaking and have not had a chance to try anything through iTunes yet.

Any help is much appreciated. Jason

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Assuming you have a computer with iTunes - you hook up the iPhone -do NOT sync. Right click on the iPhone, and click on the line "transfer purchases from iPhone". You should then have the purchase on your computer, and can put it on the iPad. It will work as long as they are both using an account that was used to purchase the game.

3. dogface

Cool. I thought there would be an easy answer. I'm 99% sure it's already on my laptop. Hardly ever use it any more but thought I might have to bring it back into play. Thanks for your help!

4. dogface

Worked a treat btw. Just need to get an icade unit now.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Dont get one from Firebox (80 quid), Amazon have the icade currently for £68 which isnt too bad. Cheapest i've seen so far. PC World theyre £70 ( http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/ion-icade-for-ipad-10732372-pdt.html)

I've got one and totally love it, specially as i managed to get iMame last year ! But theres lots of great games for it, well well worth getting

6. dogface

Yeah I always check out Amazon, saw it on there this afternoon. Funnily enough, that was the app in question! I only recently got round to checking it out as I hadn't read up on it at all. It's a quality app, bit of a shame it only accepts the older rom sets but better than nothing.

I was really surprised how easy it was to put the app on my iPad considering I normally get annoyed at the mere thought of having to use iTunes.

7. dogface

Not that into tower defence games but thanks for the info.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Glad to help. The trick is not to sync first, as I emphasized. iTunes is supposed to ask if you want to transfer purchases, but sometimes people have it turned off, or have answered no, in which case it could delete it from the device, and then it is gone....

iTunes has actually become not too bad. Still not a great program, but at least syncing has reasonable options, and it has become pretty fast.

9. dogface

It's not an awful program. Just not as intuitive as everything else Apple. Mine automatically transfers purchases, so all I did is select the apps I want to sync. I'm gussing that next time I plug it in, I can just untick that box.

I have found that it's really slow but my laptop (Acer) is a couple of years old. Could probably do with a wipe and fresh start!