Looking for a game with a lot of repeat value / with no ending.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NobleSteeds, Aug 8, 2015.

1. NobleSteeds

NobleSteeds Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Hi all!

I am looking for a game to buy on my iphone 6. I want the game to be fun enough so I will always come back to, and I'm mainly looking for survival / adventure (something like don't starve). I've found some games and I need your opinions on them and maybe some suggestions if you think you have something better: Terraria / pixel dungeon / 100 rogues / hoplite / Junk Jack X / bit dungeon. What do you think is the best to get and do you have any suggestions for a game similar to don't starve that I can play on my iphone 6?

(I tried posting it in the "what should I get" thread but I didn't see my message there...)

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Tap adventure , radiation island, adventure capitalist , sim city build it

3. NobleSteeds

NobleSteeds Member

Aug 8, 2015

Tap adventure looks really boring, doesn't look like it has much depth to it. I actually prefer games that doesn't try to have good graphics, because they fail most of the time, so I don't really like radiation island, I prefer games with the art like zelda or 100 rogues. Adventure capitalist looks really boring too, and I don't like sim city. All of the games here (except radiation island maybe) don't relaly look interesting or with much depth. I won't repeat games like adventure capitalist for sure. Any other suggestions?

4. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt New Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Wayward souls. Seems you like rogue likes, plus it was game of the year.

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    All the games you listed are good. Buy them all and Wayward Souls.

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Dry lands

7. NobleSteeds

NobleSteeds Member

Aug 8, 2015

Wow, I was looking at pictures and thought that it looked bad before, but I just watched a video and it looks amazing. I think I'll get it. The problem is, I can't get more than 2 games. Is wayward soul fun to repeat (random levels and stuff like that)? And what game should I get except for this?

8. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt New Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Yep, lots of replay value with WS, but it can be challenging with how the save system works. How bout block fortress war or survival craft/mine craft? Traps n gemstones is fun too. Monster hunter or Xcom are excellent, as well. So many great games out there. Dry lands...meh.

9. Tosty

Tosty Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    I just released my game "Little Avenger" which is similar to bit dungeon style. However you can constantly upgrade your character and climb leader board rankings.

10. NobleSteeds

NobleSteeds Member

Aug 8, 2015
    It's better if it's challenging, I want the game to make me come back to playing it :)

block fortress war looks interesting, is it a 1v1 multiplayer game? And I think that minecraft will get me bored playing alone... I played on different servers when I was playing on my pc and I'm not sure if survival mode alone is even fun (honestly, never tried). I don't like the look of monster hunter, I hate it when games are trying to look modern on mobile because they fail, I prefer cartoonish and pixel styled graphics (even though I like monster hunter on 3ds and the idea is really cool in my opinion). I've heard a lot of positive stuff about xcom but it's not repetitive if I remember corectly, the levels are the same and once you finish it then doing it again would be the same... I really want games that I can repeat and that will NEVER be boring. That's why I enjoy a lot of online games on pc but on mobile I prefer playing off line games. So out of what you suggested I think that block fortress war looks cool, just need some explanation on it (but from what I see it's online).

11. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    It has multi player and single player campaign. There is a prequel, Block Fortress which may be more fun.

You can't go wrong with the others you're considering: Terraria / pixel dungeon / 100 rogues / hoplite / Junk Jack X

Of all those, I think JJX or terraria may fit the bill. I just started playin pixel dungeon and it's fun, but not sure about playability compared to the other two.

Spriggiwood may be another one you'd like as it fills the requirements for what you described, as well. Have fun!

12. NobleSteeds

NobleSteeds Member

Aug 8, 2015
    So you think that jjx and terraria will be more fun to come back to than pd?

13. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Terraria,Gta San Andreas,GoF 2,The Quest by Redshift + all of it's expansions,Mhfu,Bioshock - these games definitely have a lot of replay value and they are my most favorite games.

14. PirateRidingParrot

PirateRidingParrot Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2015
    #14 PirateRidingParrot, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Need an arcade game to play when I have free 5-10 minutes

A lot of times I have a break and I can play some games in my phone but I don't really have something I like. I used to play CoC with my friends but I'm bad at it and I got tired of it. Any suggestions to games that you enjoy playing when you have some free time? I don't care if it costs money. I'm using Iphone 6.

Edit: I prefer games in which you don't tilt the screen.

15. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Impossible Road
    Goblin Sword
    Duet
    Octagon

16. PirateRidingParrot

Aug 9, 2015
    I don't like octagon and impossible road since I prefer to not play games in which you tilt your phone in order to control objects. I already have duet. Goblin sword looks very nice but I want something that I can play over and over, not a game which I'll eventually end.

17. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Doesn't really fit some of what you're looking for but Hearthstone is all about replayability and no ending.

18. PirateRidingParrot

Aug 9, 2015
    I already played hearthstone for over a year on the pc :) I really liked it, this is a good example of a game with good replayability. I want to have something that will make me come back to playing the game (collecting cards and moving up in the rankings are a good example of that), but I don't want the game to stay the same (a campaign that never changes i something I don't want).

19. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Yes, if you like building/crafting types of games. Maybe Google search for some video.

I've been into rogue types lately. PD and the older 100 rogues are both fun and challenging. Of course, neither hold a candle to WS, but they are very different than WS. You gotta have skillz to play WS#

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Galactic Nemesis in an incredible homage to Galaxian and currently on sale until tonight. A must have. Check out the thread. Other than that check out Radiangames offerings. If you like dual stick shooters Inferno 1&2 are fantastic. The new Pac Man is a blast as is Geometry Wars 2. Not sure what genre you are looking for so I just posted some of my favorite time wasters. Cheers.