Power DOS and accessing iOS file structure

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by djshep1973, Mar 30, 2015.

1. djshep1973

djshep1973 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 20, 2011
    Hi,

This is a crazy attempt, and I know it will have bee asked before, but the App Store being the place it is, I might as well ask...

Are there any currently available apps for iOS that will allow me access to the file system on my non-jail broken iPhone or iPad so that I can add games that I own to Power DOS? I have seen some apps appear briefly in the past that will do this, but can't find any at the moment.

I know the recommended method for adding files to Power DOS is via the likes of iExplorer, but I don't have access to a PC or a Mac. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Darren

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No access to a PC at all ? Not even a relatives/parents/friends ??

I dont think you are able to do this otherwise. Its worth buying a cheap cheap PC netbook just to use iExplorer and to backup your apps to itunes/the cloud.

Theres a good chance 'some' apps in the future will disappear from the app store and not be available on itunes.

Plus apps such as Gridlee have to be backed up ! If you got a new phone tomorrow you wouldnt be able to install it (If you had this app on your current phone).

Crazy not to backup your apps

3. djshep1973

djshep1973 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 20, 2011
    Thanks for your reply psj; I'm not that bothered about backing up my apps at the moment, I do have backups of most of them anyway (esp Gridlee and MAME, lol) - I have seen apps that do this in the past though, just wondered if anyone knew of any around now :)