Get iPad or Wait?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rixx, Jan 28, 2011.

?

Get iPad or wait for IPAD 2?

1. Get the iPad!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. Wait for the iPad 2!

39 vote(s)
    95.1%
  1. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    #1 Rixx, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    I have been wanting an iPad for about 364 days or so now .. :)

I finally am about to get one, and I want opinions. I'm sure you have opinions.

I want this to read books, and run iDOS and everything else, camera's and such on the iPAD 2 do not matter.

I'm upgrading from a 3rd gen touch.

Rixx

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    i would say wait for the ipad 2 it was confirmed(possably) that the screen resolution will be higher than a hd tv. I would say wait i think you'll be much happier with the latest technology... also stock up on itunes cards the ipad apps are pretty expensive;)

3. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Ill second that Ive been using app shopper to pick up ipad apps that are on sale (like ea's .99 christmas sale and world of goo's 50% off sale) so i have some good games when/if i get an ipad

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    If you must, wait for iPad 2. Buying an iPad now would not be that disimiliar from buying a PSPgo.
    Personally, I think the iPad is a bad investment. An iPod Touch would be a bad investment too if it cost $100 more.
    To each his own.
    I've purchased almost every new tech known to man. But the iPad to me is a no go. It's like a poor man's laptop/MacBook.

5. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    If you've already waited a year then wait a little bit longer. Think how mad you'd be if you bought it now and then the iPad 2 comes out in summer is in 2x as good.

6. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
  7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Agreed. Just wait for the iPad 2. Its only about 2-3 months away.

8. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I gotta say that I considered waiting... Earlier this month I got an iPad. Loving it, but am still using my iPod touch for music, podcasts on the way to work, and a game or two for breaks at work (call center). I got mine at target which has a 90 day return policy. I'm considering returning my iPad to get the ipad2 when it comes out.
    I'm battleing with my conscious on this.

9. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    The ipad was probably one of the best purchases i have ever made. It has completely pulled me away from my consoles. There is nothing like sitting up in bed playing amazing games. Satelitte radio, Hulu, Netflix, iBooks, surfing the web, email, facebook, twitter, there is next to nothing that u cant do on the ipad. It is truly amazing and its a purchase i doubt u wud regret. But i also agree that if u waited till now u might as well wait for the ipad 2. I personally am eagerly awaiting its release.

10. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #10 Adams Immersive, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    I’m in the same boat—can’t wait for my first iPad! But I will :)

The iPad 2 will not have a higher-res screen, almost certainly. Because it’s not practical yet (from cost, GPU and other standpoints) and because the leaked evidence and insider reports strongly point to such a display existing in EARLY stages, but not expected to be for sale until 2012.

But something will be different, so may as well wait a little longer and find out what :) A bit thinner, lighter, and faster is what I’m hoping for, and maybe a slightly better (but not Retina) display. And you may not be interested in video calls or Augmented Reality now, but it’s not bad to have the option!

Me too. I have built up a HUGE library of iPad apps and games, which I can’t play now, but one day...

I did the same before I got my iPhone. I had a good 100 apps in my iTunes, which loaded to my iPhone as soon as I plugged it in.

I also get a lot of Universal apps and simply don’t install them on my iPhone (to save space); they will await my iPad as well.

11. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Wait for it. You will regret buying it now, even if you tell yourself otherwise. Apple always leaves the good things for the next generation products, so that people will be enticed to buy it.

12. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

#12 Azuvidexus, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    I'm waiting for the new one to come out :rolleyes:

When products are released, there's an upgrade and an update. Updates are usually small things like a bit more space, a bit more speed. Upgrades are major. The new model is going to be an upgrade, because it will have many things that the current one does not have (rumors about camera, better display, new ports, new processor, etc). Hence why it's worth waiting (IMO).

13. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I'd wait a bit, at least until they announce the iPad 2, then you can decide if it's worth the wait.

PS: iPad is an awesome investment. Never once regretted it, and I'm not even rich.