Purchased apps not appearing in history

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pouffie, Mar 29, 2014.

1. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    #1 pouffie, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Hi everyone,

I am writing you concerning a problem I have encountered with several apps on the appstore that, despite being bought, persistently refuse to appear on my list of purchased items. I have tried downloading them with different devices, even those that belonged to friends of mine, and the problem remained. It was impossible to find the apps in the purchase history.

The apps in question are the following:

- Phantom seeds
    - Juniper's Knot
    - The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
    - Ghost Trick : phantom detective
    - Pictures at an Exhibition -Free Adventure Gamebook
    - London Detective Story - English Version

The common element amongst all the above apps is that they are free (some of them do have IAPs however). My problem is that if the apps are ever removed from the app store, I will have lost access to the content I have purchased.

Please feel free to try to download these apps on your idevices and you will see that they do not appear in the purchase history.

Do you know how this issue can be fixes? The developers have declined responsibility and referred me back to Apple's customer service. The latter hasn't been of much help either.

Cheers,
    P

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I have ghost trick and it is showing up in my purchased section. Have you tried to see if they show up in iTunes?

3. pouffie

Aug 4, 2013
    The weirdest thing is that I have received invoices for each of those apps, but they do not appear in my history.

Moreover, my worst fear has happened. 2 apps that I had bought do no longer exist in the Appstore. I feel cheated for having paid! How do I get them back???

Kira*Kira (eng)
    Watson: the beginning (Sherlock holmes)

4. GuyOnDrugs (GOD)

GuyOnDrugs (GOD) Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    That's your worst fear? Anyway, apps that are removed usually do not appear in your purchased history search bar, and you have to find them in your purchased history. If they didn't get removed, try force quitting iTunes or shutting down your computer and reopening it. If it's not in your purchased history on on your iPhone either, try shutting it down as well. It sometimes happens with me, too.

5. pouffie

Aug 4, 2013
    Ok,the Apple customer support managed to partially fix the problem.
    However, the apps that were removed from the appstore do not appear any longer anywhere.

I tried everything :(

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    If an app is gone from the App Store there won't be anything you can do unless you've got a backup on your computer. That's why I always use iTunes for syncing rather than iCloud.

7. GuyOnDrugs (GOD)

GuyOnDrugs (GOD) Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    It's not necessarily removed from your history. You just won't be able to search it up in your history. You'll have to try to find it in your purchased history, without the luxury of searching it up. It happened to me a bunch of times, including Arc Squadron (original) and Flappy Bird.

8. pouffie

Aug 4, 2013
    #8 pouffie, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Some games, like flappy bird, do appear in my history.

However, those 2 do not:
    Kira*Kira (eng)
    Watson: the beginning (Sherlock holmes)

I will wait and see what the customer service has to say about this...