Question about Appshopper w/ iPad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spiral75, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Okay, I know AppShopper is pretty much an iphone app....but i installed it on my ipad because I like the option on the bottom for "Whats New" and "Popular". BUT - When I install it on the ipad, those 2 features are not there. Is there something I am missing? The features on the bottom include "Stream" which I figured was the same as "Whats New" but its not listing any of the games that just came out where my iphone does. Anyone know if its a coompatibility issue or if there is just something i am missing

2. JTelcontar

JTelcontar Member

Sep 28, 2012
    The version of AppShopper currently available on the AppStore is actually different from the original. Apple made them change it cause it was too much like the AppStore itself (?! Not sure on these exact details).

So, the version on your phone is the original. The one on your ipad is the new.

You can use iTunes on your computer to backup your iPhone version and then copy that version to your ipad if you want what's new etc. I agree-- I miss the what's new tab quite a bit! That is why I still have the old version installed s well as the new.

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yeah, the old app is far superior. And it's universal.