URL tag not working?

12-19-2014, 11:35 PM
So... I just found URL tags not working for me in social groups. I can post links here in main forums but not in groups, why
12-28-2014, 11:32 AM
No wonder why it's not working for me either

12-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
EDIT November 7th: Guys, I just wanted to reiterate that the purpose of this whole thing is that you need to be a member of our community before you can start posting clickable links to your stuff. Putting a post count minimum on links has had the unintended consequence of developers essentially just spamming zero content posts everywhere to hit the minimum. Please don't do this. People will be far more interested in your game if you set out to be a respected and resourceful member of our community, versus just looking for a couple dozen threads to post "Looks neat!", "Can't wait!" or whatever else in with the sole purpose of those zero-effort posts being to be able to post your own links.
Quoting this for the sake of emphasis.
12-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Quoting this for the sake of emphasis.
That explains a lot.
02-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Hmm i have 20 post but can't use the url tag
http://www.bunnylovegame.com

Oh wait it seems to be working here but not on a new thread...
03-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Smart thinking

A really nice thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
You won't be able to post links until you have a certain number of posts, I forget how many exactly, I think it's like 15 or 20. We enabled that to try and help fight against spam accounts. Not sure if it's working or just making life harder for new members

EDIT November 7th: Guys, I just wanted to reiterate that the purpose of this whole thing is that you need to be a member of our community before you can start posting clickable links to your stuff. Putting a post count minimum on links has had the unintended consequence of developers essentially just spamming zero content posts everywhere to hit the minimum. Please don't do this. People will be far more interested in your game if you set out to be a respected and resourceful member of our community, versus just looking for a couple dozen threads to post "Looks neat!", "Can't wait!" or whatever else in with the sole purpose of those zero-effort posts being to be able to post your own links.

Best

Thomas-Bo
03-11-2015, 01:09 PM
I'd like to add my voice in saying please, for the love of god add this info to the FAQ.

I lost my old account password and could only find this alternate account that I apparently never used. Banged my head against this issue for 30 minutes before happening to Google the right keywords to find this thread.
04-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hraefn View Post
I'd like to add my voice in saying please, for the love of god add this info to the FAQ.

I lost my old account password and could only find this alternate account that I apparently never used. Banged my head against this issue for 30 minutes before happening to Google the right keywords to find this thread.
I've only just found this also, after spending hours trying to get my signature to have usable tidy links in it. Thought I was going mad or something.

FRACTURES Music Composition & Sound Design
w: fracturesmusic.com t: @FracturesAudio
04-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Ah, thanks for this thread. Explains a lot. It should be stickied.

Now time to mingle around with the community.