Universal In Fear I Trust - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Good to hear, thanks! I've actually been using iFunbox to make manual updates, which has allowed me to get almost through the end of episode 2. It really is a great game once you get the bugs sorted out. I love the voice acting. Really top-notch job with that. Very creepy. I'm also intrigued by the story and can't wait to play the rest of the episodes.

I would also like to point out that I accidentally solved the last puzzle of the game without realizing it was the last puzzle. I couldn't go back and find the items I missed or complete the puzzles I missed without reverting to an old save through iFunbox. I'm not sure if this is on your list of bugs, but you should allow us to go back and get 100% completion.

2. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Even without the fun box, if you reply the episode it started me off infront of the last puzzle and allowed me to go back and solve the book puzzle I didn't end up doing

Although saying that it didn't allow me to complete the last puzzle again which is not a major thing, am sure there's something I missed in which I can play the whole episode again with all puzzles reset

3. Aleksey_Savchenko

Jan 24, 2014
    Well, it is that good deal)

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks!
    I'll be pushing the buy button after the update!

5. Aleksey_Savchenko

Jan 24, 2014
    Update incoming

Hey guys,

I thought you guys might like to hear what we’ve got lined up for the first In Fear I Trust update. We’ve listened to your thoughts and there’s a lot more to come (including new episodes to continue our thrilling tale) but for now, here’s what to expect from the next update currently in submission:

• Improved controls – A sensitivity slider can now be found in the Options menu, I think it greatly helps to adjust the play style. The overall touch and feel is greatly improved. We’ve put a lot of time into improving these features so we’d like to know what you think!

• Improved user interface – we’ve fixed some bugs found when using the journal and made out menu interfaces easier to navigate.

• Control Opacity – We saw many players on this forum mention this so we chose to make further changes and implement the opacity slider. You can turn off joysticks all together or leave them at around 10-20 percent so they’re barely visible.

• Save system stability – We have greatly improved our save mechanism following some concerns over this.

• Each episode saves the progress separately now – Your progress is saved separately in each episode. You can play one episode, go to the menu, choose the second one, play it a bit and go back to where you left it in previous episode.

• Improved audio quality - A LOT of small audio changes and tweaks to make In Fear I Trust much more immersive and authentic.

• Tutorial bug fixes – cleaned up our tutorial bugs so it should be easier to get into the game.

• Stability and performance improvements – We’re not promising any miracles but performance on lower-end devices (iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad Mini) is significantly better following this update. We’re continuing to optimize the game for these devices

• Other general fixes - small tweaks here and there.

6. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    How soon to expect this update!

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I began episode 2 and got quite a way in, then for no reason the next time I loaded up the game it brought me back to the end of the first episode with the big circular door with green/red lights.
    But the main issue is that it seems I can't pass this puzzle now, even when i get all the lights green, nothing happens, so I can't get back into episode 2.
    When you say the update will bring seperate saves for each episode, does that mean this problem will be solved as I'll be able to get back to where is was in episode 2 from the main menu?

8. Aleksey_Savchenko

Jan 24, 2014
    >>> AlexsIpad
    Yes, that issue shall be fixed by an update.

>>> Infinity89
    Hard to say, just when Apple approves it, sent it last week.

9. Aleksey_Savchenko

Jan 24, 2014
    Hey guys,

So, update is approved and should be live today.
    Please inform us on any issues that are still may be there or any ideas you may have on how to improove the game.

While then we will send all efforts to third episode update here.
    Will keep you informed.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#130 killercow, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    The update is here:

-Improved controls, user interface, audio quality and stability!

Might we see MFi controllers support next?

Edit: While it is better now, the controls aren't fixed. The fact that there's a second joystick to move the view is flawed and makes for a "laggy" experience when you play. It is not fluid and it often resets the view when you lift your finger off the screen thus making it a pain to move and look around.

11. Aleksey_Savchenko

Jan 24, 2014
    Check options, there is sensitivity bar.
    We're working on controllers.

12. Aleksey_Savchenko

Jan 24, 2014
    #132 Aleksey_Savchenko, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    >> when you lift your finger off the screen thus making it a pain to move and look around.

This function is included due to many requests, to center view by double tapping the camera joystick.

UPDATE: Sorry, got mistaken here, this feature introduction is fully planned for the next build. Then, I'm quite frustrated by this statement of yours Killercow, what do you mean by move the view when removing finger? I just tried to reproduce this numerous time and nothing like this happend. Can you be more spesific on this one? We will try to invistigate.

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Take a game like, for example, Modern Combat 4. When you want to move and look around at the same time you can do this by pressing anywhere on the screen and moving your finger around. In your game you can only do this with swipes or via the second joystick that doesn't feel responsive enough. The swipes aren't following your finger like they should or like they do in other iOS FPSs (Like MC4) and you really need to drag your finger to the edge of the screen to move the camera.

I know this must be frustrating and such a degree of precision is not needed in your game because it's not a First Person Shooter but it tarnishes the experience a bit.

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So what is the condition of this game now??
    Has the problems solved!??

15. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    So far...
    The good:
    - I really love the atmosphere in this game, very Silent Hill-ish
    - Ambiance/sound effects are awesome
    - Very creative title, I consider this very important. If a game is named something like "super bloody zombies 9000" then there is no way I'm gonna even bother looking at its screenshots cause if someone spends like half as second coming up with a half-arse title for a game like that, then there's no way they've put much effort into the game itself

The bad:
    - The loading time is WAY too long, I swear this is the longest loading of any app I've ever used. I'm guessing it loads for at least a whole minute to even get to the title screen, and not only that, it loads MULTIPLE times to get to the title screen too (it will say loading on one screen, then you will get to ANOTHER loading screen immediately afterwards)
    - The game should go to title screen when you first launch it, not directly into the new game's cutscene
    - There is no text on the title screen (just a screen with that house and the tree) when I play this on the iPhone 5. I have to blindly tap at random spots to go to options/load game/etc. Text only pops up after about a minute of staying on this screen
    - The camera in this game gives me a headache. Sometimes it just gets slanted by like 45 degrees so you're viewing everything at a diagonal angle like that movie Battlefield Earth
    - Movement/camera movement is very clunky, it usually takes multiple attempts to try to interact with items

I agree with most people saying this is more like a late beta release. Lots of bugs and unfinished things, but very good potential. The devs could pretty much make this into a Silent Hill clone on iOS.

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  17. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    anyone know when we can expect episode 3?

18. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So where episode three?

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    just update your app on the App Store. i think the update is available for free.

20. SyDragon

SyDragon Active Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Episode 4 is here and the app icon changed: