★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-12-2013, 09:10 AM
If anyone's gotten it on the Japanese App Store, how big is it and how big is it installed?
12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
Whoever posted this, I hope you step barefoot on a LEGO brick in the dark tonight. We don't even have word that this will EVER be translated and released on this side of the ocean.

I played this game until I fell over dead and then kept on playing. I hated it, I loved it, it was a stormy relationship where I came to realize that I was being abused but I kept making excuses for the black eyes and going back into her cruel arms.
Not sure whether I should be worried for my safety or happy that there are a lot of passionate DQ fans here. O.o

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

12-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I prefer playing in portrait too, as long as it works well. I don't think there's anything weird about the Japanese in that regard. They also made a fancier version of the game than their own for other countries.

I'd imagine a localization barrier would be that the English PS2 version had a very ambitious localization, redoing the soundtrack, adding voice acting and prettying up the interface. Whatever they converted this from probably didn't include that so an English version would either have to be translated from this new iOS version, or be converted from the old English version.
12-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Not sure whether I should be worried for my safety or happy that there are a lot of passionate DQ fans here. O.o
Go for the glass half full, that there are a lot of passionate DQ fans here, which includes me as this is by far my favorite RPG series.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
If anyone's gotten it on the Japanese App Store, how big is it and how big is it installed?
Haven't installed but I can answer the first question: 1.2 GB.

Also, fwiw, app store description says iPhone 5, iPad 3rd gen and up recommended.

It isn't designed for iPhone 4 you can download at your own risk.

For iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad mini (1st), it says the app can hang after long play times. Recommends saving a lot and kill the app from multitask list when you quit.
12-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
1.5GB installed. A little less than that for download.
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Also, fwiw, app store description says iPhone 5, iPad 3rd gen and up recommended.

For iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad mini (1st), it says the app can hang after long play times. Recommends saving a lot and kill the app from multitask list when you quit.
It's not very well optimized. Graphics look a bit worse than PS2 and runs at about 20fps on my Air.
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Oh myyy...

I would love to have this one i've been an avid DQ fan since the Nintendo days
12-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot in my case, because I'd want to put it on my iPhone and right now I have a 4, so I'm out of luck. I guess it'll have to wait until I finally upgrade. Or maybe I'll try it out on an iPad 2 for a while before I upgrade. Either way, can't wait to play through it for my first time. It'll only be the second DQ game I ever played, the first being Dragon Warrior for NES!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm confidant this will see a stateside release, every other squeenix title has made its way over here to our app store. But... if it dosent... I will learn japanese and then download it illegally as a form of protest from their app store

:P

Gamecenter : taeles