★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-29-2017, 11:27 AM
#21
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fate/Grand Order Singularity
Posts: 5,774
Aw man I unlocked the bigger soul stone (700) and bought the most expensive doll I had in the basement, the golem. He's awesome. Walking speed isn't changed but he's the one that walks around and he carries you in his hand. Ahh these girls in Witchspring are so cool. I love the feeling of power I get.

My favorite thing to do in combat is to turn on the magic sword skill and combo away. Not only does it look awesome but it's incredibly powerful and attacks all the enemies on the field. It's probably the best combat upgrade for WS3. I've actually used that to beat the stronger bosses. There's a secret boss in the basement where you found the first teleport circle and he's pretty powerful but if you focus fire on him with the magic sword + heal doll you should be able to take him down. He drops a really powerful accessory that increases your agility by +60. I actually was using the item for a while but decided to unequip it since it was a bit too good early game - I could take 2-3 turns to attack before the enemy got to. And if you're riding an animal you're even a tad faster as well.

I've already crafted lots of things after leveling up through training to unlock more crafts. I have the second sword and the higher lightning magic now.

About 5 hours in and it gets a 5 star rating from me

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Hero Emblems
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag NA / Fate Grand Order JPN / Arena of Valor NA: Altria
10-29-2017, 12:07 PM
#22
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 218
So, I completed the game but I wonder if Im missing anything.

I never got that black dress you see her wearing on the store page.

I also dont seem to have noticed different endings, nor does there seem to be an extended game like there was in WS2, with the optional extra hard bosses.

Unfortunately, especially with the bugs, while I think the game is worth $4 certainly. It doesnt really compare to WS2. Its a successor the way the iPhone 8 is, its just not the iPhone X(not that Im a fan of it anyhow).

10-29-2017, 12:20 PM
#23
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fate/Grand Order Singularity
Posts: 5,774
^ Ahh that's surprising. I already think it's better than WS2 imo. Lots of great improvements and more interesting characters. The story also intrigues me more. WS2 is great but I can't think of anything I like better in WS2. Even training is worse in WS2 because you can do it non stop and it doesn't control the difficulty.

I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion in the end.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Hero Emblems
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag NA / Fate Grand Order JPN / Arena of Valor NA: Altria
10-29-2017, 03:32 PM
#24
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 249
I seem to have a major bug, and cannot continue..

In Northern Misty Forest (coming out back of the cave), you have to take on a mushroom - I can attack, but on the mushrooms turn nothing happens, sits there indefinitely...

Ive tried using magic only, weapons only, but same issue every time..

Any suggestions?
10-29-2017, 03:58 PM
#25
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulate View Post
So, I completed the game but I wonder if Im missing anything.

I never got that black dress you see her wearing on the store page.

I also dont seem to have noticed different endings, nor does there seem to be an extended game like there was in WS2, with the optional extra hard bosses.

Unfortunately, especially with the bugs, while I think the game is worth $4 certainly. It doesnt really compare to WS2. Its a successor the way the iPhone 8 is, its just not the iPhone X(not that Im a fan of it anyhow).
The game has 3 different endings (you can only get 3 optionen when you told adrian where you live) you can decide which ending you get after you've been thrown out of the village after killing the ancient dragon

Ps you get the black dress at the second and third option
10-29-2017, 04:56 PM
#26
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 249
Ok, found another way to continue the story..

Beginning of Chapter 2 (I think), there’s a quest to kill warriors in Misty Forest - I’ve fought all the mobs in and around Misty Forest and none of them seem to be warriors, any tips?
10-30-2017, 01:28 AM
#27
Silly question. Where do you find or upgrade Soul Stones? I'm killing dragons and still have only one doll because of it, lol.

Otherwise living the game but agree WS2 was more involving.
10-30-2017, 02:17 AM
#28
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by symptomac View Post
Silly question. Where do you find or upgrade Soul Stones? I'm killing dragons and still have only one doll because of it, lol.

Otherwise living the game but agree WS2 was more involving.
As part of main quest line, chapter 2 I think, grandma teaches you recipe to upgrade main soul stone - you then need to craft it

Expanded soul can be used in basement to unlock new dolls, or upgrade existing
10-30-2017, 02:49 AM
#29
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by symptomac View Post
Silly question. Where do you find or upgrade Soul Stones? I'm killing dragons and still have only one doll because of it, lol. Otherwise living the game but agree WS2 was more involving.
Yep, its in Chapter 2. Grandma lives East and North of your house. The area for collecting upgrade materials is east of her place.

Got a question myself:
Does anyone know how to Purify a Magic Detector? I got that as Chapter sidequest (right side of the quest journal).
10-30-2017, 04:53 AM
#30
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Yep, its in Chapter 2. Grandma lives East and North of your house. The area for collecting upgrade materials is east of her place.

Got a question myself:
Does anyone know how to Purify a Magic Detector? I got that as Chapter sidequest (right side of the quest journal).
Was hoping to find out myself!! I'm assuming we need to research more crafting recipes..