★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaymerX View Post
Hey dev, add in some gameplay elements from your other game protect the tree and this would be a runaway smash hit!!

But I really like this as well!
Interesting idea! I will def look into this. Perhaps some sort of survival game mode in your own built world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Thanks dev for coming on here
I was on the fence and you just shoved me off of it so Im a buyer now for sure
Good luck
PS I may come back with some ideas after I have time to play it
Looking forward to hearing your ideas
11-02-2017, 01:07 PM
This is gonna be perfect if they add a settings to have weather or a day and night option or cycle.. like for a example i want to build a very gloomy swamp place

11-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Cool idea for a game! Can't wait for the updates
11-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Im convinced! I look forward to seeing how this develops.
11-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Well its great; loads of assets, looks great, huge possibilities for building almost any landscape you can imagine.
I for one will come back when theres some sort of game/simulation to experience. Right now it feels like a toolbox without a project to work on.

I hope it goes down that road. I dont regret my purchase; it doesnt make any promises that it doesnt keep. I just hope it goes on to something more. Right now it screams untapped potential.
11-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Hey Jaynesh, always great to hear from a dev on the forums. I am also on the fence to buy this one. I was looking for some more video footage of it to get a better insight into it, but the name is not exactly "original" to bring up a lot of search results.

Anyway, it seems quite clear that this is a relaxing city builder, with no further strategy involved. That is fine, I am still interested in that. However, I really think that this has huuuuge potential, because there is nothing like a premium city builder on iOS. When first looking at Screenshots, I had to think about the PC game "Kingdom and Castles" a very stripped down City builder as well, but with a lot more options than your game.

With a glance at your previous portofolio it seems like you build this game at least on basis of the engine of one of your previous games "protect the tree" and if it is a valuable engine of some sort, I would LOVE a proper premium city builder on iOS! I would definitely pay more for it than you are asking for Pocket Build.

TL;DR
I did not buy your game yet, love the relaxing premise of it, will try to get more insight into it AND hope that you expand on the idea of a premium city builder for iOS!
11-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oynox View Post
Hey Jaynesh, always great to hear from a dev on the forums. I am also on the fence to buy this one. I was looking for some more video footage of it to get a better insight into it, but the name is not exactly "original" to bring up a lot of search results.

Anyway, it seems quite clear that this is a relaxing city builder, with no further strategy involved. That is fine, I am still interested in that. However, I really think that this has huuuuge potential, because there is nothing like a premium city builder on iOS. When first looking at Screenshots, I had to think about the PC game "Kingdom and Castles" a very stripped down City builder as well, but with a lot more options than your game.

With a glance at your previous portofolio it seems like you build this game at least on basis of the engine of one of your previous games "protect the tree" and if it is a valuable engine of some sort, I would LOVE a proper premium city builder on iOS! I would definitely pay more for it than you are asking for Pocket Build.

TL;DR
I did not buy your game yet, love the relaxing premise of it, will try to get more insight into it AND hope that you expand on the idea of a premium city builder for iOS!
Here here! Yes please.
11-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Delete/Undo

Two things this game absolutely needs (yes, I have already bought it):

DELETE - Please add the essential ability to delete objects and tiles.
UNDO - Seriously, this needs undo functionality even if it's just the ability to undo the most recent placed item/tile.

And two things that would be great:

MULTIPLE NAMED SAVES - The ability to save the current world with a user-selected file name.
BASIC STARTING OPTIONS - Choose whether to start with an empty (water) area, or flat grass/desert etc.

There are loads of other 'nice to have' features for a game like this, but the above elements are pretty much essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
11-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrgrvyplz View Post
This is gonna be perfect if they add a settings to have weather or a day and night option or cycle.. like for a example i want to build a very gloomy swamp place
Thank you for the suggestion I am currently working on a day/night cycle for the game. I just need to get the lighting correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Well its great; loads of assets, looks great, huge possibilities for building almost any landscape you can imagine.
I for one will come back when theres some sort of game/simulation to experience. Right now it feels like a toolbox without a project to work on.

I hope it goes down that road. I dont regret my purchase; it doesnt make any promises that it doesnt keep. I just hope it goes on to something more. Right now it screams untapped potential.
Thanks for your suggestion I will defo be adding some more simulation features. I am currently working on adding animals and people in the game and then more advanced things after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oynox View Post

TL;DR
Thanks for your feedback Initially I did plan on making this a premium city builder, but as an indie developer it would have tripled my development time so I decided to release it as a sandbox game where players can build anything but I def do planning on expanding the game into my original idea and at the same time keeping it a sandbox game without limitations. I have so many ideas flowing into my head right now, its crazy :O I will keep this thread updated with the progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
Two things this game absolutely needs (yes, I have already bought it):

DELETE - Please add the essential ability to delete objects and tiles.
UNDO - Seriously, this needs undo functionality even if it's just the ability to undo the most recent placed item/tile.

And two things that would be great:

MULTIPLE NAMED SAVES - The ability to save the current world with a user-selected file name.
BASIC STARTING OPTIONS - Choose whether to start with an empty (water) area, or flat grass/desert etc.

There are loads of other 'nice to have' features for a game like this, but the above elements are pretty much essential.
Thanks for purchasing and playing my game
I probably need to make it more obvious but you can delete objects and tiles by 3D touching them. If you don't have a device compatible with 3D touch, they can be deleted by holding down on the object (long tapping).

I've added the UNDO option to my todo list and will be adding that to the next update. I agree it is a must have feature.

Adding an option for creating multiple saves is already in the pipeline. I really like your idea of having different starting options. I will be experimenting with that in the morning
11-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Already purchased the game and no regrets though i feel theres alot of things i want implemented but dont be pressured i know the day and night option is still a longshot but this game will stay on my phone for sure so take your time.. i know youre bombarded with alot of cool ideas but it does mean one thing, this game could really be awesome and will be a must have on every phone