New iOS dev portal. No ad hoc?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Shaz, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

#1 Shaz, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    So the Apple dev portal has been updated. There now seems to be no distinction between ad hoc apps and store apps. Which I think is better.

So just want to check that people have been ok submitting games to Apple when an app profile had previously been checked as ad hoc under the old system.

I'm guessing that is working ok?

2. I'd guess so - still using my old production profile which I just regenerated for iCloud. Will report if I face any issue.

3. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Cheers. I'd assume they'd still work. But be good to hear confirmation.

4. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    So for testing on my own devices, i had used an ad hoc distribution provisional profile.

When I submitted an app, for the first time ever, after the website had been updated I still created a separate distribution profile for app store before rebuilding my app with this (i'm using Corona by the way).

My impression was simply that they had simply redesigned/re-laid out the website - there was still the option in profiles section to select which type of distribution you want. I wasn't paying full attention and this was a few days ago (my app is still waiting for review) so don't quote me on this!

Cheers,

5. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Seems my assumptions may have been incorrect.

There is still a distinction between ad hoc and store profiles. The new difference is that you can no longer update an ad hoc profile to be a store profile.

Instead it looks like you have to create a separate profile when ready to release.

I used to have just one profile per app and switch between ad hoc and store as needed.

6. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    That was my initial impression too. Need to now create another provisional profile for app store but current Apple's iOS Dev site is down again for maintenance...

7. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    your right.. who comes up with such silly changes.. now you can't even see the difference anymore between adhoc and appstore .. since its all called distribution.. and somehow the page is borked up in FF.

At least the new page is pretty slow, the old one loaded alot faster for me. :/