iPad Eliminate [FREE Online FPS] Pulled from App Store, Servers Shutting Down 5/25 R.I.P.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mjmoco, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    #1 mjmoco, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    CO-OP IS HERE: iTunes Link

[​IMG]

Press Previews
    Pocket Gamer Preview
    IGN Preview
    Touch Arcade Hands-On

"Yeah, I definitely was expecting it to be awesome... I just wasn't prepared for how awesome it actually was." --
    Eli Hodapp, Touch Arcade

Producer Chris Plummer talks Eliminate.

[​IMG]

Eliminate Community Day

***kmacleod's impressions***

Shooting and aiming are the two most important parts of any FPS, and I'm happy to say that Eliminate handles them flawlessly. All control modes feel natural, and the whole thing is very easy to pick up and play.

"After playing the game for about an hour, I'm absolutely convinced that the game is going to be one of the flagship games for the iPhone, in terms of success and in terms of quality, and I'll be buying it the second it goes on sale."

Part 1
    Part 2

Live Roundtable with the ngmofos -- GamerTagRadio

Gamer Tag Radio Episode #211 -- Eliminate

Thunderbolt Games

"After sitting down and playing Eliminate, I can say without hesitation that these are the best FPS controls seen on this platform yet."

"Perhaps the most impressive thing, beyond the fluid controls, was the graphics engine. There’s nothing like this running on the iPhone/iTouch right now."

Thunderbolt Games

Sarcastic Gamer

"I was astonished by how natural the controls felt. It was my first experience with an iPhone/iPod touch game, but I managed to acclimate without much difficulty."

"The small maps facilitate close-quarters combat, ensuring constant engagement and tense shootouts. Environmental hazards add to the action, forcing players to mind their surroundings, while also fending off enemies. One moment you’re chasing an adversary; the next you’re a red smudge, courtesy of a horizontal wall press."

Sarcastic Gamer

Gearheads of War

"The game overall is something that is fun and very addicting to play with your friends or against the world."

"After playing for about a half hour I was starting to do very well with getting some double kills and using the power ups to my advantage. I was quickly creating enemies and going around trying to hunt down some of the other players that were kicking my butt."

Gearheads of War

Gearlive

"ELIMINATE offers an amazing online FPS mobile experience. Simple controls and interfaces allow you to pick up your device and start playing anywhere, while giving you a satisfactory gaming experience...for a game running on an iPhone or iPod touch over 3G or Wi-Fi, it’s pretty darn solid. "

App.Tapper

Gaming Nexus

"This ambitious new title is an FPS entitled Eliminate, and after getting some serious hands on time with the game I can say that as soon as the game releases I will finally have something other than tower defense games on my iPod Touch. A lot of things can be done with a touch screen, but one genre I could never imagine being well implemented on that type of interface was the first person shooter. Until now. "

"The weapons are one of Eliminate’s strongest features, because they look and feel great to use. There’s a large variety in the weapon selection as well, varying between laser guns, assault rifles, and rocket launchers to the more imaginative plasma cannons and gravity hooks."

Gaming Nexus

[​IMG]

VIDEOS:
    KillTest Trailer

Eliminate Intro Vid

Weapons Trailer

Armor Trailer

Eliminated Teaser Vid

Upgrades trailer

Eliminate on the ngmoshow
    part 1--upgrades and matchmaking
    part 2--energy
    part 3--Walkthrough of the upgrades system
    practice mode

Eliminate Fan Kit

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eliminate-pro/id318760264?mt=8

2. Allen at ngmoco

Allen at ngmoco Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Producer
    #2 Allen at ngmoco, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Happy New years!

Rolling updates text will be listed in our eliminate blog going forward.

http://eliminateblog.ngmoco.com/

Older updates

12/10/09 -
    -Vaporizer rate of fire was decreased (slowed down) slightly to adjust for firing rate increase that resulted from the beam duration reduction

-Antimatter Jet projectile speed was increased to make the weapon a little more effective overall.

-Increased AR damage per shot which should make the gun itself and its headshots more effective.

12/8/09 - Taunting in a match now nets players only 20 credits max.

12/7/09
    -Increased burst scatter chance on Plasma Cannon. This should make the PC less reliable on long distances. Close range opponents will still suffer significant damage. We'll continue to look at this one.

-Rocket Launcher damage reduced. Because it's a weapon that has potential to do damage to multiple targets, it should not be able to keep up with other weapons for the purposes of single target fighting.

-Vaporizer damage per shot was increased. Beam durations were decreased to create a more instantaneous damage effect.

-Levels 71-100 were added based on the current lifetime credits earned, this will provide plenty of promotions for Arsenal Megacorp's dedicated employees.

-We're digging at why jump is not performing as expected. We believe 1.1 introduced a bug to gravity in general and are still investigating.

-We believe armor speeds are performing as expected. This reduction was across the board so your overall speed advantage is still comparable to every other armor's.

11/15/09 - Cloaking has been improved on Sentry and Sniper armors.

Some Armor upgrade "specializations" have been modified to match descriptions more properly. Note, no attributes were changed, just the text displays around it.

Recharge timer has been raised to 90 minutes. Our employees were working too hard.

11/13/09 - Matchmaking has been tweaked. It is now less tolerant at matching players together who's skill are not within a good range of each other. This may result in matchmaking taking longer and matches starting before it's full.

11/11/09 - Arsenal Megacorp's 4x recharge rate will remain in effect indefinitely. Thanks for making the special event a great success!

Read the history

Cheers

3. cando

cando Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    wowow crazy

4. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Finally! Woot.

5. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    How long until it comes to USA?

6. cando

cando Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    why was that other thread locked?

7. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Hopefully no glitches in Canada so the rest of us can get this game soon!

8. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Honestly I am speechless whooo who

9. cando

cando Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    what's the OS requirement?

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ... not in the [​IMG] US store.

11. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Shitttttttt

12. Bramsey89

Bramsey89 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    lol @ Canada being the bug testing grounds.

13. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Cant wait for the US release! Glad you finally got it through submission!

14. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

good question, its not even out

15. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    AWESOME! Hope it comes our way (US) soon!

16. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    The link isn't working yet. :( I have my Canadian account ready! :p So excited!!!

17. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Awesome, can't wait for it to become available here....this thread is gonna be HUGE!

18. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    B FJHSBFIULBHSLUIDGBLIUTB:UBUIO:WBRUVVHEJRIHOBJFB DWHIBFUHAIHIBJBGHFIEHNUIGBJAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

Using my false Canadian iTunes acc. to get it as soon as it gets through the system.

19. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Add me to Plus+

dont be scurred!!!! :D

20. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store