★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bacon - New Line-Drawing Puzzle game coming December 5th!

12-03-2013, 03:09 PM
#31
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph3Arts View Post
Surprising enough, it's totally in our plan to make a veggie version, probably we'll even include it in the next update which will be out in approx. two weeks
Ha, that's totally awesome I'm still not sure if I'd buy a game named Bacon, and even if I did I realize chances are I can't play it on my first gen iPad, but I'll keep an eye on it. It's good to see someone bringing new life into the genre.
12-03-2013, 05:28 PM
#32
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Ha, that's totally awesome I'm still not sure if I'd buy a game named Bacon, and even if I did I realize chances are I can't play it on my first gen iPad, but I'll keep an eye on it. It's good to see someone bringing new life into the genre.
Unfortunately, we didn't had the chance to test the game on a first gen iPad, but I'm pretty sure it will work, if at least you're on iOS 4.3 or more But anyway, the game will be totally free to download, and fully playable without spending a single penny, so you'll be able to test it out for us!

We just finished creating out the sprites for the veggie version. Here's the carrot and the Gold Carrot, which will replace Bacon and Maple Bacon :



There's still some color correction to make on the Gold Carrot, but you now have a rough idea of what the veggie theme will look like Hope you'll like it!

We'll probably send the update to Apple by friday!

Most Recent game : Plax
My games : Bacon - The Game | PokerTower
From Québec, Canada
12-04-2013, 01:49 AM
#33
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph3Arts View Post
Unfortunately, we didn't had the chance to test the game on a first gen iPad, but I'm pretty sure it will work, if at least you're on iOS 4.3 or more But anyway, the game will be totally free to download, and fully playable without spending a single penny, so you'll be able to test it out for us!
I will do that! Thanks for making it require iOS 4.3 and not go with iOS 6 by default.

What's the business model for your game? Could you elaborate a bit on the kinds of IAP there are in the game?

Quote:
We just finished creating out the sprites for the veggie version. Here's the carrot and the Gold Carrot, which will replace Bacon and Maple Bacon :
That looks very nice! Did you know maple carrots are way better than maple bacon?
12-04-2013, 08:09 AM
#34
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
What's the business model for your game? Could you elaborate a bit on the kinds of IAP there are in the game?
Absolutely! The game has currently around 10 IAPs divided as follow :

- 4 Maple Bacon packs, allowing you to skip levels if they are too hard or buy avatars and ink color!
- 3 Powerups : those powerups will help you in your quest. There's the shield, which protects you from your first impact, the Magnet to get the Bacon if they are too far and the third eye which allow you to see the room a little longer and your last drawn path! Those powerups make the game easier, but if you use them they reduce your score, so no "Pay-To-Win" kind of leaderboard!
- 1 Additional Pack : For 0,99$ you can get 26 new levels. We are currently working on more additional packs, free or paid!
- Prenium Badge : For 2,99$ until December 12th (4,99$ after that), you get : 15 Maple Bacons, Gold Avatar and Ink, "Silver" Kitchen Tools, Unlock all powerups, Unlock all packs, and all additional packs for free, even the ones to come.

So as you can see, those are all non-compulsory IAPs, which means that you can play the game without spending a single penny ^^ Even for the Maple Bacon, we have a kitchen system which allow you to cook your own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
That looks very nice! Did you know maple carrots are way better than maple bacon?
I didn't even know it existed! Thanks for the link, maybe we'll make Maple Carrots then!

Most Recent game : Plax
My games : Bacon - The Game | PokerTower
From Québec, Canada

Last edited by Raph3Arts; 12-04-2013 at 08:24 AM.
12-04-2013, 10:20 AM
#35
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,024
More codes please?

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!