2079 price drop to $.99 - Must get at this price??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Jul 4, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    There are lots of great shooters. I think that a lot of people have mentioned this being one of them. Is this a must get at this price point??

2. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Not only is this the one game of its type that I enjoy the most, but it's actually one of my most played games overall!

Great controls, and the secret level is unbelievably fun!

Definitely a must buy :)

3. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

I had it, and to be honest I hated it. I've never been a fan of shooters and this made me dislike that genre even more. The controls were really awkward for me to use and I didn't like the graphics. I say save your dollar and use it on something better.

4. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    no man dont get it its not that good trust me......get a gameloft game or somthin else please....

5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Get Isotope or Anomaly instead. This is an older title, and aside from it's online leaderboards, it doesn't really have much that others don't. Isotope is the full package with missions, different ships, upgrades etc etc.

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I'd get this one. The others just dont feel right to me. I dont know what it is. I think there is a lite version, try that out.

LOL at the guy that said get a Gameloft game.

7. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    it's a must have shooter, yup. Still in the top 10 of that genre IMO..

8. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    One of the better multidirectional shooters on the iTouch/Phone platform.

The game uses accelerometer controls (motion sensing) for movement and one control circle for shooting in all directions. And the accelerometer play angle can be set on the fly. And they are butter smooth.

The naysayers are usually those who don't "get" accelerometer controls and spaz out waving their arms around like...well...spazzes. Don't listen to the spazzes. This game is a steal at a buck.

9. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    I've really enjoyed this one myself. I've played through many of the other clones, and this one has remained on my iPhone regardless.

I'd recommend it.

10. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    the game is fun, especially with the leader boards, only bad thing is there's only one level, 1 dollar is a good price for it :)

11. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    this game is a MUST BUY at a dollar. It is great and so addictive! Always trying to better my high score

12. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #12 Alichan76, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    I don't get the resevation people have about 2079. I have over 300 games and of the 3 pages of games that grace my iPod 2079 is there. Having experimented with so many games, a rather luxurious position to be in, I find that, for me it isn't a particular genre on the whole that lures me to play, but the polish of the game in question.

That said, 2079 is in everyway, a perfect game, and anything that Eric the dev adds in the future will only be a bonus. Through out my experimenting, all the other top-down shooters that I have bought lack in some way or another (except Anomaly), but 2079 has stood the test of time.

GET IT!!!

13. richrdp02

richrdp02 Member

Jan 4, 2009
    yeah it's a good game I used to play it all the time.
    I got it when it was free tho, like last December haha. it's worth free, but I would say that it is barley worth a dollar. maybe if your really into shooters like this then go for it. if not, pass.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for all the replies. I understand the sentiment, that it is only a dollar. Not a problem there, but I have so many apps that I am not using, even only after a couple of weeks. I play a game once or twice - on to the next one... So, I am trying to get games that I will enjoy for more than 5 - 10 minutes.

Almost all the games that people spend some time developing are worth the time, just for different people. I have a number of shooters, I just don't need another if it adds nothing to the ones I've got.

15. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Barely worth a buck? What? The game is flawless:
    NO lag
    NO bugs
    Auto-calibrate
    Perfect amount of bonus'/powerup's etc
    Polished graphics and sounds
    Smooth
    On-line leaderboards

and on and on and on. Really , if you are into endurance top-down-shooters this is one of the most complete. It doesn't fart around with up-grade stores, so if that's your thing get Isotope I guess, but if you want a challenging top-down-arcade-like experience, this is up there with the best.

16. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    its a great pick up and play game, but if your trying to be on the leaderboards its gonna take hours, i play it every once in a while just for a bit, but to get the number 1 high score i had to play for like 6 hours straight, it gets pretty intense and is overall a very fun game, ide rather pick up and play 2079 then any other game like doodle jump,flight control, i play 2079 much more.

you should grab it

17. I got this when it was free way back, and I'm glad I did. It's a really well done game, and yes, the secret level is pretty freaky.

18. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    New update added the following...

What's new Version 1.1.5

- Integrated OpenFeint
    - Added achievements

Great game!

19. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    BTW it also dropped to 99cents today, just in case someone missed it last time :)

20. Hi all! Thanks for creating this thread and a nice debate! :)

The game in itself indeed is very simple, and does not have the same depth as some of the other games in the app store. It never was my intention to create a really deep game like Isotope. I just wanted to have a fun little game that provides a polished experience for the few minutes you are waiting for someone at the bus stop.

On another note, I have been slowly (yes, quite literally for the past few months) working on the next generation of this game. Working I've already incorporated dual stick touch control, a much larger playing field, and redone all the graphics and effects, some new weapons, etc. The code is already re-optimized for the new playing field and effects. There are some interface enhancements as well which I won't say what it is here. :) Timeline wise I don't know when I'll release it, I'm not in a hurry, but some of the features may end up just funneling into 2079.

Anyway, I hope you'd like it if you decided to buy the game, or hope someday you might try out my next game if not! :)

Cheers,
    Eric
    PS: Oh by the way, on a totally non-related note, I'm going to be a father in a couple of days! :)