ZENONIA 5 | by GAMEVIL inc.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KPOPLOVER, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Looking good so far...

After spending about 10 minutes with each class I must say I'm very satisfied with what I'm seeing.

Pros:

- Graphics overall are top notch. The painted backgrounds are beautiful and your characters NPCs, and enemies look very crisp and colorful; full of life.

- Controls are smooth, no lag nor clunky movements. Basic attacks have nice combos as in previous installments of the Zenonia series.

- Sound fx and BGM are good.

- UI all around are very user friendly, nothing looks overdone.

- RPG elements are what Gamevil does right as usual. Character skills (active, buff, and passive) are diverse like in previous installments. You get 3 points per level up for ATK, DEX, INT, CON and 1 skill point to allocate in your active/passive skills so those familiar with the series will feel right at home.

- 4 save slots for 4 character classes (Berserker with giant 2H sword, Gunner with 2 pistols & cannon on back, Mage with book/tomb, and Paladin with mace & shield) that you have the option of changing the skin color and hair/face look (3 options a each). You will obtain a Fairy during the game with her own set of skills like in previous installments.

- 4 different game modes from the looks of it. Normal, Hard, PvP, and Raid. This should maintain longevity.

- Roughly a 40mb file size on Android.

Cons:

-Though you can personalize the look of your toon to your liking, the game will show the default toon per class during all cut-scenes and NPC conversations.

With my very little time spent, I love what I'm seeing. No paywalls to report for IAP *crosses fingers it stays this way down the line* and Gamevil is running a special promo that gives you free Zen every 4 hours (premium in-game currency) for a limited time which is very welcoming. What I'm really happy about most of all is that my Paladin class is back! Oh how much I love playing as Paladin in any RPG I play. There's really nothing I can complain about at the moment. I'm not going to spend much time playing Z5 on my Android because I'm more looking forward to having it on the Mini primarily.

Anyone who has played any Zenonia game will feel right at home from the get-go. Hopefully these are good enough impressions for those interested in getting this for iOS. I'm gonna play my Pally a little bit longer and will try to answer any questions if anyone has any? :)

2. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    #322 picoro, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    wiffi is only nesesrary the first time at start the game or everytime?

3. chobo

chobo Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
    It requires all the time
    They said it's because of people who upload the files onto the computer and bring it back to the phone after hacking them or something

4. theflamecrow

theflamecrow Active Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Makes sense. :( I don't see why these games can't run some check if it thinks stuff got messed with.

5. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    some guy

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

I'm hoping it'll be different for iOS because I can say that games like Illusia 2 and even Asura Cross plays offline on iOS whereas Fishing Superstars and Epic Raiders you have to have connections on iOS to play. From my experiences with Gamevil games on my android, the majority need a connection. If I recall correctly, when I had Z4 installed on my iPad(s), they didn't require connection outside of initial start-up. I'm hoping this will be the case for iOS and Z5.

7. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    good explanation bro.

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Release date for iOS?

9. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    maybe in one or two weeks

10. blackchaos10

blackchaos10 Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Do you think I can transfer my Android savefile on iOS when the iOS version is released?

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Hope its one or 2 more weeks :(

12. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    nop,because is a different OS

13. chobo

chobo Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
    On twitter they are saying that the iOS release is early January :[
    The twitter feed is saying that the game is really good too!
    I really don't want to wait till January

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    That's bullcrap...gamevile lost a fan today..I'm not waiting on a game that should have gotten released world wide.

15. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    #335 picoro, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    hope, same date ass zenonia 4 before christmas

16. theflamecrow

theflamecrow Active Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Ugh, Jan?? For once I'm looking forward to a game and it's delayed as hell.

17. Caststarman

Caststarman Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Then you would have hated waiting on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier....

I didn't even get the game in the end.

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I read through Gamevil's twitter and yes, they did state early next year for Z5 release on iOS. Looks like ill be holding on to it for a while afterglow on my Adroid.

19. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Why would they freakin show it so early and say " it's finally here, the rpg experience you been waiting for" damn I want to cuss so bad!!!

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Gamevil can suck a a big fat zenonia