Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via MSN to Wen Send a message via Skype™ to Wen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
wait.. you give us limited lives because you want the players to come back as often as possible?! I don't get it..
Probably I can explain my last sentence which makes you all wondering in following way: We'd like players play the game as often as possible but we're also afraid that they play it through within one day or two so we set the timer. The timer itself isn't a perfect answer to solve the above mentioned paradox but like many other freemium game devs did we also adopted it. We understand people don't want to be limited so we set a relatively short refill time period and a timer removal IAP is also in consideration.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Default Hey

We will add an IAP item to upgrade your game to a non-f2p game, remove the limitation of lives and unlock all the cats. So you can choose play it as f2p game or just buy it as premium game.
Hope you guys can enjoy the game.

Last edited by Wesley; 02-06-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM

I like the artwork and the gameplay is fun. Trying to get the right cats for the job and in the right amount, especially during a boss fight is engaging. I'm not sure about how feeding the cats is implemented. I just spent over 2k try and get two cats happy again. I only managed to get one of them happy. As for IAP, I just don't mess with it anymore unless it unlocks the game or has a "coin doubler" like Bardbarian has to balance the game progress and economy to what they should be. So yes, if the devs make a premium/unlock option, that would be nice.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
We will add an IAP item to upgrade your game to a non-f2p game, remove the limitation of lives and unlock all the cats. So you can choose play it as f2p game or just buy it as premium game.
Thank you
Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Sounds great and is a good way to go for all us cat lovers here !
Game is awesome,and I love the Cat Topic defenders !

I played it for a while and I must say the Music is also very well done !
Thanks Coconut Island,you guys rock !

Is there a way to implement a Progress MAP into the game ?
Would be nice to see in Level progress on top of screen or so !
Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
That's good to hear. Really want to be able to play this one longer than 5 games.

I'm going to modify the last part of my review once you add that option!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:58 AM

It's a shame that IAP fish for upgrading seems ridiculous on top of having to save the fish to buy new cats. I could understand having the cats being IAP or maybe having the final level of upgrades being IAP, but having both makes the game nearly unplayable with no real way to earn fish in game.

Up until I saw that the cat upgrades were IAP, I was having a blast, and was thinking about spending a bit on a few cats, but that was a real deal breaker as far as being a freemium title goes. Until it's changed, I don't think I will keep this game installed.

I saw that you will be providing a premium unlock, which depending on the price could fix this issue, but it is very off putting for a freemium title to keep so much content locked behind a pay wall and I don't see it being successful in the long run as a freemium game with the existing system in place.

Really hope it gets changed! I think the gameplay and graphics are really nice!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:19 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I loved this game but sadly, I just deleted it. I played as much as I could hoping to gain level ups and 20 fish to get the best ship, the ghost. Finally got enough went to buy it and was told I needed 6 cats. How do you get cats? With fish. 2 for a chance at normal and 6 to be guaranteed a cat. That's when I said screw it and deleted it. Sorry. Maybe when we get this "full unlock" version I'll come back.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Will ads be removed?
Old 03-22-2014, 06:14 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewskii View Post
I loved this game but sadly, I just deleted it. I played as much as I could hoping to gain level ups and 20 fish to get the best ship, the ghost. Finally got enough went to buy it and was told I needed 6 cats. How do you get cats? With fish. 2 for a chance at normal and 6 to be guaranteed a cat. That's when I said screw it and deleted it. Sorry. Maybe when we get this "full unlock" version I'll come back.
Be glad that you did. It's 6 fish to be guaranteed a cat only the first time--the number of fish required increases every time you get a new cat. The "normal" 2 fish slot has no explanation of what you're to do and has never given me a cat.

This is a pretty good game that is absolutely ruined by IAP.