Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-29-2013, 01:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by quangvietnguyen View Post
1) it runs smoothly
2)i don't know yet but it tooks me 15-20 min to pass the chapter with 100% exploration so I assume 3.5-4 hours?
3) the combat is quite deep and fun with different combos(counter-attack only)
4) the game DOES have explorations
I agree with all points except the combat.
It's anything but deep.

All you have to do is wait until they attack, press the parry button and swipe the screen.
Instant win every time.
No challenge whatsoever.

On top of that, in many cases you can easily sneak up on the enemy and kill them in one shot.

The combat in the original wasn't sophisticated, but it was much harder than in this game.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
That's like saying every game featuring Vikings should have Danish, Norwegian or Swedish language in the game.
That would be an unwise decision in any game, as there aren't that many of us Scandinavian gamers compared to English speaking gamers.
i know but do you know what's the most ridiculous part? it has arabic language but doesnt have farsi/persian.

like you wanna say Vikings has Danish but doesnt have Norwegian or Swedish languages

Last edited by italodance; 07-29-2013 at 02:05 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 02:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
i know but do you know what's the most ridiculous part? it has arabic language but doesnt have farsi/persian.

like you wanna say Vikings has Danish but doesnt have Norwegian or Swedish languages
In my eyes it's just a game, not a history lesson.

Just for arguments sake, back in the days of the Vikings, Scandinavian languages wasn't much like they are today, I doubt very much I would be able to understand anything, and I understand Danish, Swedish and Norwegian, as they are very closely related.

I would hazard a guess that the Persian language have changed and evolved to become something very different today too, than what it used to be.

But that's beside the point.
Any developer is much better of putting their efforts into creating a fun game that can be enjoyed by as many people as possible, not spending resources researching languages to put realism into a game that clearly doesn't need any.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah i cant believe some of the criticism ! No wonder some devs get so fed up with their 1 or 2 dollar game gets analysed so much.

I dont mind that the fighting isnt too complex, as theres so many iOS games coming out week after week i tend to move onto new games pretty sharpish.

So far its great for the money, great filesize, a lot of content, glad this sequel was great
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Prince of Persia The Shadow and the Flame was successfully nominated to be included in Game of the Week voting on Touch Arcade forums. Voting occurs at the link below. Developers may not vote for their own game. New user votes subject to review.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2917013