Worms 3 (By Team 17)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 11, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Via Pocket gamer:
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Worms+3/news.asp?c=52269

2. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    "Worms™ 3 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch includes gorgeous new graphics, 27 single player missions, asynchronous multiplayer, AirPlay functionality, 4 different worm classes, strategic playing cards and all new weapons!

Exclusive to mobile, Worms™ 3 is due for a Q3 2013 release and will be available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch via the App Store."

Sweet! Can't wait. Shame they didn't go with a 3D one though

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I've always been a fan of the game..So this is pretty sweet..:)

4. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    cool...i like this game :)

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #5 Montanx, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    The first Worms was so awesome (not sure what they mean by 4 year anniversary, the game is wayyyyy older than that.) but it lost me after that. It's cool to see this but there's almost no chance this wont be freemium pay to win cash grab.

Old school worms we kept it simple...no homing missile, no airstrike allowed. Just aimed shots, grenades, cluster bombs, mines, ropes and girder bases.

Even the first worms that got ported to PS1 was great. Random level creators were a great new feature. The bridges, the girder bases, digging tunnels, I dont think theres been a cooler strat game since.

6. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I loved the Worms games, but its disappointing that this is going to be F2P.

7. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    No it's not.

8. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    There is nothing mentioned about it being F2P but I would not be surprised if they decided to go with this direction. But it will be very sad :(

Anyway I've always loved Worms (maybe not so much on iOS) and I am really looking forward to see how did they changed the gameplay by adding those 4 different classes. But the most important thing for me will be the controls. Touch devices are so different and these kind of games just need optimized touch based controls which feel natural instead of clumsy fixed virtual joystick! :) I hope they will not disappoint us with that...

9. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Just give me old Worms Armageddon and I'm yours.

10. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    In touch arcade forums they stated it will be premium :D. They have also said they're introducing a new controls system, so hey, maybe this on will be playable :p